Polk Audio RM7300

Submitted by Bob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
Great for home theater and music listening. The only thing Bose has on them is size. Bought them on the spot for $999 at Circuit City last year.

Submitted by chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2000

Bottom Line:
the best speakers if you need to save space and you have a 15 month old child running around.but really they sound great.and are made great,and look great.the sub just truly rocks the house.the center is crystal clear its like having the movie in your house.i would recommend this set up to everybody who ask me about the.any questions e mail me rampstheone@yahoo.com. my setup, yamaha1105 reciever,toshiba 2200dvd player,polk rm7300 speakers and a 27inch jvc tv.

Submitted by Mick a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 21, 1999

Bottom Line:
What else can I say but these speakers are awesome! Due to space constraints, I needed a sub/sat system, and looked at all sorts for a month or so. I auditioned Eosones, Infinitys, Energy, and a couple others, but the Polks sounded better to me. These speakers replaced my old Kenwood stock bookshelf speakers and there is no comparison. While I did upgrade to a Yamaha RX-V595 as well, I tried the Polks on the old Kenwood as well. While the RM-7300 did not sound as good with the Kenwood compared to the Yamaha, they still blew the old speakers out of the water. When hooked up to the Yamahaha, the Polks were incredible. CDs are sharp and very clean clean sounding, not the slightly muffled sound I am used to. Home Theater is also unbelievable - watching a Dolby Digital movie now reminds me of a normal movie theater. The PSW300 subwoofer is at times very overpowering, even when only at 1/2 volume, but it is like being hit with a hammer because it sounds so clean. No mush at all! All you bass freaks will love it. All speakers (including sub) are magnetically shielded, so I can place them anywhere now - my old speakers had limited placement due to not being shielded. Overall I give this system a solid 5, they sound great, look great, and can fit anywhere (maybe not the sub).

Submitted by Vikas Kapoor a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 9, 1999

Bottom Line:
Just bought new Sony 36' Vega XBR TV with 5 changer Sony DVD changer. Went looking for receiver and speakers for overall Home Theater/stereo set. Bought Yamaha 995 receiver. Looked at Bose 15, JBL 125, Polk RM7300, NHT, Infinity, and Boston Acoustics. For the money and quality Polk was the best buy. Bose sound good at the demo, but are only good in home theater mode, not as stereo speakers. Bought Polk and loving them. Best investment and buy for my money. Trust me, Polk costs a bit more than JBL, NHT and Infinity, but in the long run are better buy than all, and cheaper than Bose.

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener

Submitted by Halim Theny a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 18, 1999

Bottom Line:
I having looking around sub-sat system for probably 2 month before I decidedto buy the RM7300 last month from Good Guy. I have listen to Bose, Infinity,
JBL, Boston as well though not necessary from the same stores. There is no
comparison, with the same price range of 1000 dollar, RM73000 out-perform
the rest, especially the sub which really shake my foundation! The tweeters
on the sat and center were so... sweet. Hear no distortion with high volume, except when I put the microphone near my baby when he was crying which then
I can hear the auto-shut-off circuitry of the sat working to protect the tweeter :-)
In my opinion, Bose AM15 doesn't live up to the expectation with $1600 price
range, don't even mention the AM10.
Overall, I think this is the best value/performance sub-sat speakers around.
I will recommend to those who are looking for sub-sat system.