Orb Audio Mod1
Description: You may choose between Metallic Black Gloss or Pearl White Gloss, and Hand Polished Steel is available as a $100 option. The system will let you save space without sacrificing the rich, full sound quality you expect from a high performance speaker system. If you didn't think a satellite/subwoofer system could outperform big box speakers, think again. Our web direct business model allows us to use the highest quality components in our acoustically matched Mod1 satellites and subwoofers, and the results speak for themselves. This speaker system can outperform most of those famous systems that sell for $1500 or more, and you can even upgrade any or all of the Mod1 satellites to Mod2 satellites to customize your system as your needs or budget change over time. The system may also be easily upgraded for six or seven channels to match your 6.1 or 7.1 channel receiver.

Submitted by Gman67 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 14, 2010

Bottom Line:
I bought my Mod1 speakers a year and a half ago. My son blew the Center channel after I had my system only a couple of months...really made me mad! But after a $40 replacement I was back in business. The sound is awesome. I have the white speakers & have them hanging from the ceiling. My setup includes a Yamaha RXV 665 used as a processor, a Carver 501 5-ch amp, & my sub is a Acoustic Research ARS300. After some tweaking the Orbs and the sub blend perfectly. I enjoy the sound from these small giant killers. Recently we watched Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and man what a sound stage! I also listen to music, a little R&B and even Rap sounded pretty good. I'm still debating on adding an additional speaker to the center channel. Right now it sounds great. I would recommend these speakers. Make sure you have a quality receiver and or amp.

Submitted by dolankj a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2010

Bottom Line:
Best biggest sound on the market per dollar. I have a 7.1 setup with an Onkyo TX NR807. The first time anyone hears it they ask about the speakers. The sound it truly amazing. More over the company iis run by real people. My son blew two speakers out, the FL and FR by showing off to his friends over powering them. He cooked them - you could smell the burnt electronics. I emailed them to see what they could do to help. They sent me an RMA number and I sent the speakers back. In 48 hours I got an email from Todd Stanley saying yes both drivers are blown. These are three years old, my son cooked them and Orb says they'll fix them good as new for $40. I have been buying speakers and components for a lot of years. That's not what i expected. I thought they might give me a deal on new speakers if i was lucky and I'd only be out $200+ to get back in business. These guys are great.
Great product - great company - real people. Check them out at http://www.orbaudio.com
Kevin Dolan

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by BILLY a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2010

Bottom Line:
I bought the orb from someone local who was selling it cheap thinking i would try it over Anthony Gallo Acoustics simillar looking speaker mainly because of price. The money I saved was dissapointing to say the least. The speaker sounded muddy and no stereo imaging what so ever. Then I took them in to compare to the Gallo speakers in a local store to make sure iI wasnt deaf and we both came to the sound conclusion that its a poor copy. A cheap copy of the original micro from Gallo. Dont waste your money but rather buy from a speaker designer who originally designes hi end speakers. Anyone can put a speaker in a ball but it takes a real designer to make a speaker sound great. Dont waste your money like I did. What you pay for is what you get even today.

Submitted by Moe a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2010

Bottom Line:
I bought the ORB speaker for first time. The quality is so poor that my 40 $ speaker is better than this expensive orb speaker. When I returned to ORB , they charged me for some fee. It is dissapointing experience.

Submitted by vkamath a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2009

Bottom Line:
I Imported the mod2 speakers in India, within 6 months the speakers started to rust on sending the company pictures of the speakers, they replied that i should ship the speakers back to them, and then pay for the replacements 2 be shipped back (sic). and another round of import duty too????? BE VERY CAREFUL THERE R LOTS OF BETTER ALTERNATIVES!!!!!!!

Product model year:   2008