Sennheiser RS-65 Wireless Heaphones

3.43/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $144.99

Sennheiser RS-65 Wireless Stereo Headphone System with Surround Sound Processor

Submitted by roy Leizer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
Good sound for a wireless-pair of headphones. Midrange and highs are ok, but the bass is very good. Buy these only if you REALLY need wireless-headphones. Otherwise buy some corded ones in the same price class.

Submitted by agentjfong a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2003

Bottom Line:
Contrary to some problems other reviewers had, this is a great product.

Purchased At:   Good Guys (open box

Submitted by Granger a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2003

Bottom Line:
Found these as a refurb at Tiger Direct. I really enjoy the mobility and the light weight. The sound isn't bad either. Typical of the better Sennheisers with decent bass and a nicely balanced high end. The downside of the cordless design though is that they lack the extreme detail of the best headphones and the highs aren't extended enough to get a silky topend.
I hesitated to buy these though based upon some comments by web reviewers. There is some truth to these comments but they don't bother me. Yes, the headphone cup is a bit small and they do seem a bit tight at first. But I'm an over six foot male with a large head and average size ears. My ears fit fine and after just a couple of minutes they don't feel tight at all. I can wear them for hours comfortably. And reception isn't perfect. I can use them most anywhere in my large house but there are some deadspots based more on how I turn my head than distance. The good news though is that just a tiny head adjustment clears it up.
And lastly I recommend the SR65 as the sweet spot in the line. It has the autotuning feature which I suspect is important to decent reception and it has the surround sound feature which basically seems to feed the deeper bass to both channels. It does give more ambience and better bass. It definitely does enhance the sound of some recordings. The SR85 lacks the surround and substitutes dynamic noise reduction. That's evidently a compander system that according to the SR85 reviews seems to compress the dynamics. No problem here on dynamics.

Purchased At:   Tiger Direct

Submitted by dlivings a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
My wife got me these for my birthday. I didn't check, but I'm guessing they were around $150? The sound is fine and, unlike a couple of the other people reviewing this product, I've gotten absolutely no static or any other type of poor reception. In fact, as I write this, I'm listening to a classical music Christmas CD in a room that is about 50 feet from the transmitter and through 2 walls - still with no static or distortion. I've heard better sounding headphones, but sacrificing some sound quality for the mobility is worth it to me. If you don't mind being tied to your Amp with a wire, don't bother with these. If you do mind, they're great - and much better than I expected.

Purchased At:   Ultimate Electronics

Submitted by estero a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
Decent, worth the price.

Atlantic Technology: