Sony MDR-V600 Over-Ear Headphones

3.71/5 (80 Reviews) MSRP : $189.95

Sony Studio Monitor Series Headphones- MDRV600/ Designed and Engineered For High End Audio Applications/ Circum-Aural Earcup Design/ Powerful Neodymium Magnets/ 40mm Driver Unit/ Reversible Earcups/ Carrying Case Designed and Engineered for High End Audio Applications.

Submitted by kichy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2007

Bottom Line:
These headphones are garbage plain and simple. I found out too late that these are inferior to the V6s/7506s. Muddy bass, a velied midrange, and a searing treble they are guarenteed to fry your eardrums at even moderate levels. These are to be avoided at all costs. I've already ordered AKGs.

PS-- these also, inexplicably, got a 4.5 star avg. rating on Amazon.

Purchased At:   amazon (gift)

Submitted by ZenVortex a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2007

Bottom Line:
I use these with my Sony CD player. The sound quality is quite good but rather muddy with classical. Now I'm looking for something better.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Ghostman1981 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2005

Bottom Line:
These headphones provide awsome sound quality for their price.I've used them on various CD players, TV's and DVD players. They seem to pull out details in the sound that cheaper models can't pick up. I recommend these cans for anyone looking to improve their sound experience for a reasonable price.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Deoxy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2004

Bottom Line:
I purchased these cans because I thought that a 50$ price difference from my older headphones would provide much higher results and I was honestly impressed at first. The sound quality isnt really my main issue in this review but moreso i would like to talk about the esthetics of these headphones cause this is where i find the weaknesses. First of all, the vinyl rapped foam on the cups feel very weak and cheap and sometimes im afraid they may tear or fall off which limits the amount my amount of use of these cans. My major complaint comes from the obnoxious heavy coiled cord and everytime i put it on my head it feals like the cord is dragging and pulling my head forward making it uncomfortable. Its times like these where i wish Sony placed my among their product testers. I specially hate it when a product is almost perfect except for one retarded annoying feature such as this thick coiled cord. Honestly, If Sony had made just a regular 3m uncoiled cord with ordinary cotton ear cups this headphone would have been perfect. Amazing high's and lows and looks gorgeous ontop of my harman/kardon reciever. IM actually listening to these while typing this review and the sound is even better than how i decribed before. These headphones are alot better than the Sennheiser HD-500's (both same price)and i think people should give Sony the respect that its always had.--oh ya, about the esthetics, your ears start to sweat when u wear these headphones for along time, thanks to the uncomfortable vinly covered foam

Purchased At:   The Sony Store

Submitted by Kenneth a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
Overall, they are fine. They would be great for traveling (cover your ears, they fold up into a supplied case) and storage. However, see the weaknesses, if it wasn’t for that, I would give them 5 stars.

Purchased At:   Best Buy