Sony MDR-V6 Over-Ear Headphones

4.12/5 (99 Reviews) MSRP : $110.00

Sony MDR-V6 Headphone has been a industry standard for over 20 years. Still one of the best headphones for Studio Monitoring,Mixing, Djing and for many other applications. There is a reason why this headphone is still being made today, basically it sounds great and is priced very reasonably.

Submitted by Mary Salvo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2009

Bottom Line:
I am so upset with this over-priced headphone. I was excited with it for a short while and then I realized that the wire is weak where you plug the headphone into the audio equipment. The music gets cut off on my left ear and I have to juggle the stupid wire around. I went out of my way to get an expensive headphone thinking this problem would not occur but, alas, I am very disappointed. Don't waste your money.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by connect7 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2008

Bottom Line:
My Opinion
I believe this was probably the best thing I could have done for my ears. . .and my work. It has a wide freq range, quick response, and great smooth lows. i have truly been satisfied. I had to give it 4 stars for the ear cushions, since I can upgrade to the Beyerdynamic Velour Padded Earcushions.

Purchased At:   Authorized eBay Sell

Submitted by Mark a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2007

Bottom Line:
I have owned my MDR-V6 headphones for over 15 years. I use them while listening to music at my desk. The sound is pretty incredible for the price. Many have complained of the ear pads not holding up over time. I recently bought a replacement set from Beyerdynamics. They fit perfect, feel great and because they are fabric, I am hoping it helps solve any sweating problems from extended use. Time will tell if they hold up any better than the Sony earpads, but these were relatively inexpensive at $19. For those of you looking, I got mine at the url below:

Submitted by cosmo44024 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2006

Bottom Line:
I bought mine in the late eighties. Loved em them and love em now. There might be a better pair out there but not at this price. I had to replace the pads last year, so what?

Purchased At:   local store

Submitted by rshackelford a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2005

Bottom Line:
No need to repeat all the good things already said. I've used mine for 20+ years, and I keep coming back to them after trying others. Quite a bargain and in production forever. Two things to be aware of:
1. As others have noted, the earpads wear out and are less then good even when new. So, replace them for $20 with good cusions from Beyer. Just google on "beedt250v" to find them.
2. These are great for iPods for 4 reasons: (1) low power needs, so no need for a headphone amp; (2) mini plug is std, so no adpater needed; (3) foldable, so are portable; (4) as good headphone go, these are cheap, so you don't have to worry carrying them around.

Purchased At:   don't recall