Sony MDR 7506 Over-Ear Headphones

4.64/5 (61 Reviews) MSRP : $97.98

These pro-quality headphones let you hear it all. Premium 40mm drivers reproduce every musical nuance. Closed-ear design gives a tight bass response, practically eliminates external noise, and snuggles over the ears for hours of comfort. Frequency response is a flat 10Hz to 20kHz so you accurately hear what's being recorded. Gold-plated connectors prevent rust and corrosion, and a UniMatch plug is provided for both 1/4" and 1/8" jacks. Phones fold for easy storage. We recommend the MDR-7506 for applications where hearing accuracy is crucial. Includes soft case.

Submitted by soundhound788 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2010

Bottom Line:
I have been using these headphones professionally, as a UK Broadcast TV Sound Recordist for at least ten years, You need consider no other as long as the noise levels you are working in are not enormous, some external sounds are audible to the extent that it will stop you walking backwards into moving traffic!

Submitted by Kevin K a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2010

Bottom Line:
I put these things on and hear whole new dimensions to my music I have never heard before. Songs that I have been listening to years and years and years.

I had a pair stolen, and went and bought another. Easy decision.

I see them being used in TV shows ALL the time.

LOVE!

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by Ron Audio a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2010

Bottom Line:
Just received the mdr7506 as a gift. They will replace my twenty year old mdrV6's. The 7506 have the most accurate sound reproduction in the $80 to $200 range in my opinion. Like one of the other reviewers said use an EQ to get the sound you want. Whether in the studio recording or listening to your fave cd/lp from the comfort of your lounge chair they will not become uncomfortable either. I abused the mdrV6 for twenty years and they STILL work fine. I'll abuse the 7506 and will check back in another twenty to let you know how they're doing. That is if I don't die first!

Submitted by jon deless a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2010

Bottom Line:
sony mdr 7506 great phones for the money have used in recording situations for awhile there nice just dont set them down in a chair or somthing stupid like that they will last forever

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by pcrescue a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2009

Bottom Line:
I shopped headphones in the $100 range for quite a while, and after looking at the Sonys & Sennheisers, kept coming back to the MDR-7506 phones. Despite the reviews saying the highs were too bright and the bass was too strong. They're efficient enough to be almost too loud with my Sony MZ-N707 Net MD, and the presence is phenomenal! 10 to 20kHz, dead flat, light & comfortable for long periods, fold up compact in the included bag, and the sound field is so sweet! From the lightest strings and synths, vocals, to full blown jams, it all stays tight and perfectly placed! I can't wait to take these upstairs to my studio and use them for recording and final mixes! You can have a very strong piece of music playing, be right next to them, and barely hear a sound outside, and inside there is no external noise AT ALL. I have to say that I am hearing new things in recordings that I have been listening to, literally, for many years. From Mike Oldfield to Pink Floyd, everything sounds better through these phones! Best money I every spent on an audio piece.

Product model year:   2009