Sennheiser HD595 Over-Ear Headphones

4.79/5 (19 Reviews) MSRP : $289.00

Welcome to Sennheiser's new 500 series.The HD 595 is the premier headphone of the range, boasting a new level of comfort and sound quality. Features include our E.A.R. technology and a highly constant,compressed cellulose fleece to reduce total harmonic distortion. Velour ear pads and high-quality leatherette headband both provide outstanding comfort.

Submitted by Spiderking31 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2011

Bottom Line:
The sennheiser hd595 are the best headphones I have ever owned! They are extremely accurate, and extremely well balanced..i have used the hd600, and totally think these are better! If you want a super headphone, then get these! I got mine on sale for $180..but the original price was $250...but man, are they worth it! Use a headphone amp, and they sound much better! Looking for new headphones? Get the hd595! You'll be happy you did....they are great for any music genre also..trust me...

Submitted by Ron Franken a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2011

Bottom Line:
This Sennheiser HD595 is excellent. I paid € 190,- for it and it's worth every buck.
De bass is clear and defined (not boomy), mids are good, treble is very clear and dynamic.

No need to say more.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Justjessie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 19, 2010

Bottom Line:
The sound was really excellent. However I attached the connector to heavy multimedia speakers on the computer, they dropped to the floor often, resulting in bent headphone connections. I now find I cannot pull the cable out and put a new one in as you can with some models. It has to be fixed at the factory. Also, the headphones are not particularly comfortable to wear.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by hermie328 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2010

Bottom Line:
I bought my HD595 about 1.5 year ago based on some good reviews in some forums. I always like it very much, but didn't know exactly how good it is compared to other more expensive ones in the market. The other day I walked into this arguably the most expensive and renowned hi-fi shop in Sydney, Australia, (their expensive systems are easily as expensive as small houses), and wanted to listen to their headphone amplifiers (I didn't understand why people need them). I was looking at about 15 headphones hanging there when the manager was about to let me listen to the headphone ampliers (the most expensive one A$1,600 --- for just a headphone amplier, it's ridiculous). I asked him which headphone he would recommend me to use, when he picked up the Senheiser HD595 I was secretly happy about his choice. I put that on and started listening to the lovely music from it. After that I asked the manager to show me another headphone he would recommend, he let me have another Senheiser priced at A$950 -- more than 3 times more expensive than HD595. When I listened to it for 10 seconds, I had to take it off, I couldn't stand the mediocre sound from it, and had to put the HD595 back on --- than I realized how good the HD595 is.

I don't need to spend time to describe how good HD595 is, many others have done that in this forum. I only want to say that the most expensive hi-fi shop in Sydney is using it to demonstrate their headphone ampliers, it must be very very good, and I am so happy with my choice and my ears for music.

By the way, just on the headphone amplifiers, at the end, I asked the manager if I already have a nice amplifier do I still need a headphone amplier (I didn't find those amplifiers any better than the sound from my Onkyo receiver), he simply said no need, and went on to say it's only some people want dedicated amplifiers for the headphones (he was only short of saying more about "those people"). He is right, with my Onkyo amplifier, I have great music and also have really good surround sounds on TV programmes, whereas you have no surround sound with these headphone amplifiers, how ridiculous.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by soundpirate a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2009

Bottom Line:
Ok listen, Grado SR-80 are good, akg k420 are even better, but this one easily kicks them both.
Read more in my blog, www.hifireview.org.
My main criteria for comparison is "musicality", messured with help from the "tune dem" method.

The look closed, but they do have an open construction.

Sennheiser: