Sennheiser PX 200 On-Ear Headphones

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

• compact, folding, on-the-ear design
  • padded, closed earcups and adjustable headband
  • neodymium magnets for low distortion
  • 4.5-foot cord with stereo mini plug (no full-size plug)
  • hard carrying case included
  • impedance: 32 ohms
  • weight: 2.1 oz. (without cord)
  • frequency response: 10-21,000 Hz

Submitted by YANKO a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2007

Bottom Line:
i just got them today, wanted to replace the px100 because I dont like their sound ( too much bass, but not much mids and highs, so the sound is a little muddy..). i wanted a good pair of headphones for my 60gb ipod and right out of the box, the px200 seems to be what I wanted..good and powerful sound, clean, good bass ( and its gonna get better after a while..), the isolation is pretty good, so the sound dont go out disturbing people around you..I first tried them with my favorite band, DREAM THEATER, then went through some country, blues, and rock..the sound was really good in all styles..

Purchased At:   orvaes.es

Submitted by Cath a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2006

Bottom Line:
just recently purchased these off ebay australia as an up date to my PX100 which are awesome, but i was after a pair of headphones that would block out some outside noise and still have great sound, and as i was so happy with my previous senny's i jumped at the chance to get the PX200,
As soon as i recieved then i immediately plugged them in and had a listen and found them to be very tingy with no bass what so ever, but as i had read some previous reviews suggesting that they perform better after being played in , i did as suggested and left them running on my laptop while i was at work, and then i tried them again after i got home and found quite a lot of improvement in the sound quality and this is only after about 6 hours of playing in, i cant wait to hear them after 24 hours of playing in, and even as we speak the bass is now approaching what my PX100 produce, bring on the 24 hours they should sound great, so for all those who bought these and didnt give them a real go, go back and give them some time and then listen, im sure you will change your mind.

Purchased At:   ebay australia

Submitted by zoobalisious a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 21, 2005

Bottom Line:
I needed a pair of closed-style headphones that I could use on on my daily bus commute and in quiet lad conditions without disturbing others. I was looking for something small and durable that attenuated the low drone public transportation while producing loud clear music. For the $43 I paid I could not be happier.
Most of the reviews I read prior to my purchase spoke highly of the 200's build quality, but I was still pleasently surprised about just how solid they feel.
They come with a small, convenient case that fits easily into a coat pocket. The headphones themeselves are so small I can fold them up and keep them in my shirt pocket.
After reading the reviews my main concern was sound quality. Many reviewers found the 200's lacking in both high end and low end reproduction. I'm glad I tried them for myself. The key to using these headphones is achieving a proper seal and having access to an equalizer of some sort. Using the equalizer on my zen micro I was able to slightly boost the low end which made the sound very smooth across the spectrum. The bass is punchy and clear, the midrange is silky smooth and the treble is nicely laid back. Even on lossy 320 Kbs MP3 files These phones bring to life a tremendous ammount of depth and detail.
All that being said, these are not audiophile cans. Obviously larger less sensitive phones will produce better overall sound. But if you are looking for a great sounding-durable-small headphone, grab a pair of these.

Purchased At:   ecost

Submitted by arupgoswami a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2004

Bottom Line:
A typical Sennheiser product, well made in the fit and finish department from a casual look. Upon unpacking, unfolding was easy. Plugging it, its a typical Sennheiser, having used HD-580 & HD-600. Smooth, clear, slightly laid-back (again a typical european trait) yet allows you to hear everything in a neat fashion. What impressed me as the ability of the PX-200 to play low bass well and in a controlled fashion (without signs of overload). Upper treble was extended for a closed phone and it suits all types of music well. I have used them only for the last 6 hrs but they are comfortable, weighs a lot less than my HD-580 or 600s, and I primarily purchased them to use with my notebook, listening to mp3, CDs, and DVDs. Its a great companion.

Purchased At:   thro' India distribu

Submitted by willc a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2004

Bottom Line:
For the use I make of them on the train and at the gym these are great. Not too large and sound sooooo much better than the freebie types. I am happy to wear them for extended peiods without discomfort and sound great.

FGH 26: