Home | Reviews | On-Ear | Koss

Koss PortaPro On-Ear Headphones

4.39/5 (79 Reviews) MSRP : $49.95

A Portable headphone is a headphone that is used on-the-go. Portable headphones tend to be smaller, more lightweight, and may have features that lend themselves to listening on-the-go, like carrying cases or collapsible headbands.

Submitted by Charles Burch a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2012

Bottom Line:
I bought these to use with my Smartphone for mobile music (I can't stand earbuds). About 2 months ago my home audiophile Sennheiser 580s (http://www.stereophile.com/headphones/1294senn) stopped working, and the Koss Portapros were called into every day service.

They're portables, so they obviously not as comfortable as the Sennheisers, and they do not cup your ear, and do not have the enveloping sound like the Sennheisers, but DAMN these thing hold up amazingly well against $200+ headphones. I miss my Sennheisers, but not nearly as much as I thought I would.

I just can't think of a better $50 piece of audio equipment.

Submitted by carl.rohman 35230 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2011

Bottom Line:
Hej!!
jag heter carl rohman . mina koss hörlurar har gått sönder och jag har bara haft dom i 1 vecka .
När jag sätter i den i min IPod så kommer det inget ljud men det går med andra hörlurar så det är inte fel på min ipod . snälla kan inte jag få nya , jag älskar mina koss hörlurar och skulle bli sjukt glad om jag fick nya. MVH / CARL ROHMAN.

Submitted by Edvin a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2011

Bottom Line:
Well, were do i start... i guess at the beginning, with my impression of the sound. The thing about this is that the sound itself is quite good, but doesn't block out any sound at all from the surroundings. And it can be really annoying at times.

Then second the comfort; I think the're a bit to stiff, they can also be really clamping around your head. And that's not good.

Ok, i've been owning these over a year, and i've treated them very good. No matter two sets have already broke.
So the're not very durable either.

My first impression was good, but that was until i tried (and buyed) the a1100 from denon. That's when i realised this was s***, so i actually went out and through this in a container. But if your budget is tighter than mine i would slightly reccommend them as an option.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by pitmarek a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2011

Bottom Line:
Hello and first of all THANK YOU KOSS!!!!
the Porta Pro is the best for me for many years!!!!
do have two of them..... work all the time
damaged many of the other comercial......
enjoy my Gradolabs as well but for the price the QUALITY is superb!!!!!
even some 10 times more expensive can get on this level of KOSS PORTA PRO - well done

Submitted by Juan Bautista a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2010

Bottom Line:

I have a lot of headphones (entry level, mid and hi end, like AKG K1000, about 25 units!!). The Portapro are the best relation quality for the money that you can find. They are very light and comfortables too. The sound is very flat, depending the positioning (touching or not your ears). They are a "classic" product, made by Koss since more than 20 years, and now made in China but with the same very good quality standars. They are well situated for jazz and pop music, but in classic and acoustic music they sound very well too... INCREDIBLE FOR THE MONEY!!
As I said, I have very good headphones (senn 600 and 650, AKG 240, 270, 271, 500, 701, Grados...etc.) but I must confess that I spent most of time listening music with the Portapro...that's life.

Product model year:   2009

Koss PortaPro Headphones Much Better than Ear Buds

Well after further research I bought a pair of lightweight Koss PortoPro Headphones for my mp3 player (Zen Neno Plus 512) as the ear buds weren't that comfortable. I got these on sale new at J&R for the cheapest price I could find online. The first pair of earrbuds I got came with the player an ... Read More »

Premier Mounts: