Beyer Dynamic DT 770 Pro On-Ear Headphones

4.39/5 (23 Reviews) MSRP : $249.00

The DTG 770 Pro-80 Studio Headphones are closed back, diffuse-field headphones featuring bass reflex technology for improved bass response and clinically accurate high and mid-range reproduction. Rugged headband construction. Single-sided cable.

Submitted by Luciano a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2011

Bottom Line:
Just received new DT770 Pros as a Christmas gift. Audio Production student looking for decent priced, high quality sound, and boy does this pair deliver. Excellent highs, thumping lows and versatile everywhere in between. Slight drawback is they do have a bit of oustide bleed, but are very comfortable. Highly recommended.

Submitted by Drummerjoey a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2010

Bottom Line:
Got these this Christmas from my mom for drumming. When I first got them the first things I noticed were ;

-nice case- leather case with foam for great protection 5/5
-heavy duty- high end product, feels like a $250 headset should 5/5
-noise cancelling- at first I was annoyed because it didn't seem like it was noise canceling but after a minute I realized everyone in the room was talking but I couldn't hear them. 4/5
-audio quality- same as noise canceling, didn't seem like too much off from apple earbuds bud after 30 minutes of listening to music I realized the clarity and surround sound-ness... 5/5
-Audio plug- I noticed you could plug it Into an amp or iPod. I think the jack is aluminum or gold plated. Very high quality, some bend and break. Not this one! 5/5
-style-this is 100% my opinion. I love the look. I like chunky looking things (not women ;p) and these are pleasant to look at. 5/5
-Comfort-after wearing them, I didn't want to wear any others. They'll fit to Anyones head and the band is super comfortable. Even after hours, I forget they're there. 5/5
Over all these cans get a 4.75 or 5/5 great buy. If you're looking for better sound quality and noise canceling, have an extra $50, get beats by dre. However, they aren't as durable.

Submitted by Justin a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2010

Bottom Line:
A producer that I work with bought these for his studio. We had been getting lack luster vocals from singers who otherwise were very good. I decided to investigate. I tried singing using them, and to my amazement, I couldn't hear myself. I thought that It must be a level issue, so I boosted my track level to the cans, and still couldn't hear myself. I ran to the closest pro audio store and purchased three other sets of headphones. EVERY ONE PERFORMED MUCH BETTER. I tried a pair of Sony's...they were a BIG improvement. Next, a pair of the Dr. Dre's...pretty hyped and not really my cup of tea, but I could hear myself. Finally, Audio Technica ATH-M50's...FANTASTIC! I don't know what they did wrong with these headphones, but they are unusable for any kind of studio application. Other than really expensive ear muffs, I would just pass these by. Just AWEFUL!

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by Michael Kirou a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2009

Bottom Line:
Price Paid: $370.00

The Headphones are high quality and easy to dismantle if any parts needed replacing. The mid and high tones are produced with ease and with no digital clipping even when put to a decent volume test, to the point where i had to take it off my ears for it started to hurt.

When listening to songs i have known for years i started to hear reverb, echo's, special effects, and all the little things that were put there by engineers, and producers, for us to hear, though i had never picked up on before. I noticed it all because of the clarity from the lows, mid's and high's.

The Bass side of these headphones are possibly my favourite part, they have a very detailed low end, with a lot of feeling, maybe not as much as a dedicated sub-woofer in the back of a car, but about as much as you could possibly imagine from a set of headphones.

The only downside i would give to these headphones are that they let a fair amount of sound escape the headphones, so when recording vocals, this may add bleeding to the mic. If its for a drummer, or sorts, it would be a little less noticeable.

Overall i am very pleased with my purchase, and am thinking about getting another pair. Possibly A Beyer Dynamic DT 770 M just for the drummer too :)

8.5 / 10

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Joey141 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2009

Bottom Line:
The first thing you notice about these headphones are that they are very bulky - this is not a problem as I will principally be using them for studio applications. When I put these on I found that they are extremely comfy, probably the most comfy headphones I have worn. They are nice and tight but sit very neutrally on my head. As soon as you put these on you realise just how well they isolate the sound and just how noisy your room is. They are quoted as 18dBA isolation and without doing tests I think this is fairly accurate. Then we come to the sound. From right down at the bottom to the air at the top these headphones ooze class. There is a very exposed midrange which I think I would trust to make serious mixing decisions in the futures. A great reference pair of headphones!!

Product model year:   2009