Bang & Olufsen Form 2 On-Ear Headphones

4.48/5 (25 Reviews) MSRP : $105.00

Form 2 is designed for complete freedom for listening to music at home, without compromising sound quality. Listen to your BeoSound 3 in stereo or catch the latest sports on your BeoVision 4 at any time and any volume, while the semi-open configuration lets you stay in touch with the world around you.

Submitted by Kidd a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2011

Bottom Line:
The best thing that I ever spent my money on. The sound is unable to define how good it is.

Submitted by harish.rx6 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2011

Bottom Line:
I have used these headphones for about two years now, and Imust say they are uncomparable with other headphones in this segment in terms of sound quality. I have never felt that the sound quality had changed, as good as new. However I must agree with some of the other reviewers in terms of the design, it simply could have been better. B&O main aim was to keep it as light as possible, even then, storage could be a problem while travelling, and so could the ear pads. All said and done, this is an amazing device which serves its main purpose as what is expected form a pair of B&O headphones. I would strongly recommend these headphones if the clarity of the song and comfort of the headphones play an important role in enjoying your music.

Submitted by Richard1954 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2010

Bottom Line:
I have read many reviews on the B&O Form 2 headphones and think some of the reviews were written by people with little idea of quality or how to look after things like headphones. I purchase these Form 2 headphones in 1986 when the first came out to add to a set of even older Form 1 B&O headphones. I would have to say the latter have more bass but are much heavier and not as comfortable over a longer period of time. I have used the Form 2's most days since purchase, originally with a B&O Hi Fi / TV system and now with my computer and my various iPod's and can say without doubt they compare very well with similarly priced headphones. I have just sent a set of Bose Headphones back to QVC as they didn't compare with the Forn2's at all. The only negative I have with the Form 2's is that I have had to replace the foam ear pads four times in the time I've own the headphones due to the pads deteriorating, you get little black bits of foam in you ears!! I have just paid £15.00 for the fifth set of ear pads at my local Bang & Olufsen shop because the present pads are just starting to fall apart again, that's £5.00 more than I paid for the last set of pads and half the price I originally paid for the headphones. I believe these headphones are just under £100 now and I would be happy to pay that to replace my 24 year old set should they ever give up woking. I can't fault the value for money or sound quality of these B&O headphones. Well done Bang & Olufsen, but can you make the pads out of a foam that last a bit longer?

Submitted by boywonder a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2010

Bottom Line:
Defective junk, not worth the money. Got better sound out of my $20 Sony headphones, and headphones broke almost immediately when headphone adjustment extended fully. Warranty covered the first time this happened. Second time I was told tough luck. Avoid like the plague, or like Yoko Ono CDs.

Submitted by Bojan Sala a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2009

Bottom Line:
Using these for over two years now. They *look* nice as said on other reviews, but most writers of those reviews used the product for less than a day, I have a better story.

They have one major fault - the plastic. The plastic they are made of is specially designed to fail you during time, it will break once, twice, three times, as much times as needed for you to buy another product. That has caused me not to buy anything else from B&O considering astronomical prices of their IKEA-like products. What you can do is just glue the plastics, the frame will keep breaking every several months or so but you can keep gluing them. What happens after three years of glueing? They look like your nightly dumpster-diving loot, far, far, very far from elegant and sleek :).

So, I have glued these babes all over, there was no way on earth I'll give those guys another hundred bucks. Well, the plastics are bad, but what about the speakers? Yes, they're great, for about six months that is. After that you will get more and more hisses, clicks and other annoying side-effects of overuse (about 2 hours per day). Not much to do there, you can always dish out another hundred bucks or so, right? NO, just switch to another product, available on this web site too - these headphones may be good for MP3 players but they're far from the best in terms of quality.

Summary? Short-living IKEA speakers put in Chinese junk plastics, good until they break. I'll get myself Sennheiser phones.

Product model year:   2007