AKG Acoustics K 141M On-Ear Headphones

4.33/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $119.99

A small coupling volume in the ear cup, combined with an ""integrated semi-open"" venting system behind the transducer, gives the K 141 M its trademark sound: punchy, accurate and crisply defined. The K 141 M will deliver high sound pressure levels without distortion and it is solidly built to withstand around-the-clock session use.

Submitted by banfi.t a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2005

Bottom Line:
This headphone was the first high fidelity equipment I had, therefore I wowed to keep it and I am so glad I did it. I bought my used and I have it more than 8 years now. According to what was told to me this headphone must be over 15. It is still operating flawlessly. Never had any problem with it, although it was with me through the University and had some falls and drops. Last year my friend bought a new pair and we compared them, no signs of time...(in respect of sound). In one word, the most realible audio equipment I ever had, you can count on it, that's sure. Now, about it's "voice". I really never had any problem with it, but I got bitten by the upgrade bug and first I bought a Sennheiser HD-565 Ovation (they are here in my bookshelf with broken cables) and then a Sennhesier HD-600 (together with a very expensive tude headphone amplifier, both sold since then). Well, after buying the first Sennhieser I discontinued using the AKG, becasue the Sennheiser sounded so much better. Or not? I must have had some problem, otherwise I would not have bought the other Sennheiser I guess. Nevertheless after several years I happend to use the AKG again and then I understood what I missed. While both Sennheiser had much better bandwith, more air and more detail they were missing the excitment in the music. How I missed that! There was no point in listening to music, it was just boring. On the other hand the AKG is about music. And -in my opinion - that is what matters on the long term. So, if you see one, buy it. But be aware, the K-141 Studio is not the same as the K-141 Monitor.

Purchased At:   Budapest

Submitted by Hearold Lauder a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
Being a working session musician (fretless bass), having your own high fidelity headphones for studio use is key to referencing your ears to your tone, to playing properly "in the pocket" and with perfect intonation.
The AKG K141 Monitor phones provide me with highly accurate, hi-fi bass tones while monitoring the rest of the band. My admiration for these phones is based on the fact that my ears are perfectly tuned to them and they seem perfectly flat to me. After a few days between these phones you'll be able to tell exactly where the sound engineer placed every instrument and sound effect in the mix. It is no surprise AKG has been cranking these out for YEARS! I would buy another pair in a second.

Submitted by Gonzalo a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
I was looking for a pair of cheap headphones but I was disappointed by the lower-end AKG headphones. To my best recollection, I think I listened to the K55 and K66 first. Both were too coloured and muddy.

Then the salesperson suggested I listen to the K141. Even though they cost more than I wanted to spend, I decided to buy them.

These headphones are smooth, musical, accurate and neutral. I also find them comfy but in the hot tropical weather, my ears get covered with sweat. The cord comes out of the left earphone and I find this arrangement more comfortable than to have the cords coming out of both sides. Good value for money.