Home | Reviews | In-Ear | Shure

Shure E2c In-Ear Earphones

4.48/5 (25 Reviews) MSRP : $218.88

The Shure E2C in-ear headphones are tiny, lightweight, and built to provide superior audio performance with excellent isolation from ambient noise. Featuring studio-grade components and flexible inner ear sleeves, the Shure E2C headphones have an incredibly comfortable fit that will accommodate any ear thanks to 3 pairs of included flex sleeves (small, medium, large). For powerful sound in a miniature sized package, Shure provides professional level build that’s sure to deliver for all your most demanding audio applications. The E2c features a high energy driver in a distinctive comet-shaped enclosure that creates fuller, richer sound than any earbud is capable of producing. The insightful mechanical design of the E2c is a result of Shure''s years of experience with working musicians, resulting in an affordable in-ear earphone that provides excellent isolation from background noise.

Submitted by Greg a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2007

Bottom Line:
I'm going to go against the rest of the reviews here. These are better than some earbuds out there, but don't expect big sound. They will do just fine for you if you need sound isolation or something for iPod (or some portable device) listening. For me, they were never incredibly comfortable and I ended up selling them within a couple of months. I originally purchased them to help in the sound mastering process, as you need many different types of speakers when doing this.

Bass is almost non-existent unless you "fluff" it with EQs and all of that - which colors the sound and is somewhat pointless. Yes, I did have a good fit and a tight seal, as they did cancel out most outside noises, but the bass is still not there. As far as clarity goes...they are moderate. The drivers sound plastic and lack musical ability.

If you are looking for inexpensive headphones for casual listening and don't need sound isolation, go with Grado. The SR-60s are cheaper than these and provide excellent sound for the price. If you are looking for sound isolation in a small package, these may be for you, but the sound will be just mediocre.

For $100, the sound should be better. $100 in home audio is very little, but in headphones, when considering Senheiser and Grado have many under $100 headphones that will outperform these, they should have big performance. To replace other earbuds, such as those that came with an iPod, these may be a good choice, but look at cheaper ones first. If you are in a noisy environment, these will provide you with good sound isolation (not noise canceling), and will allow you to hear your music. Overall, I guess I'm trying to say that these will provide you with good sound isolation and a way to hear your music on-the-go.

Submitted by Evan Sawyer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2007

Bottom Line:
I am am a drummer in a band and needed good headphones/ earphones for studio work and concerts. I have found that the E2c's are very good for concerts because they block out alot of noise and you can't really see that I'm wearing them. Low end bass is very good, but it is a little boomy. Sometimes it also seems as if there is a little distortion. The reason I didn't get E5c's is because for what i am using them for I dont need very good quality. I dont use these in the studio however. I use my Sony MDR 600's. Overall, I am very impressed with these headphones, but they are better for casual listening and not for professional use.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Colin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2007

Bottom Line:
I recently picked up a new Microsoft Zune, it is amazing. This was my first portable media player and I love it! The stock headphones that came with it were terrible! They hurt my ears and actually made my ears bleed from trying to fit them in my ears. So a few weeks ago I got a coupon in the mail, a $20 coupon to BestBuy. So I went to BestBuy to see what they had. I talked to the guy about my problem and how it could be solved. He took me the the Shure E2c's. At first I wasn't convinced at the price. Then the guy went to his car and let me listen to them through his iPod Video. I was very impressed! So then I picked them up. I listen to many different kinds of music so I listened to every genre I had in my Zune. The bass was very rich when I listened to Rap and Treble also brought out sounds I have never heard before in my music. I also watch a part of Saving Private Ryan on my Zune. I was at the end about 30 seconds before the planes came in for an attack I could hear the low rumble! I was amazed!

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Ben a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2007

Bottom Line:
The Shure E2c overall is a good earphone. Definately better than what comes standard with most Mp3 players. I'd give the E2c's a 7.5 out of 10. I hear a lot of people in these reviews talking about how these headphones need a "breaking in" period. I hope mine break in real soon because they sound very flat. I've listened to them using an iPod Nano, and using my home stereo receiver and CD player (both Denon). I tried all the different equalizer settings on the nano and it helps somewhat but I still can't get the higher frequencies (treble) to be crisp and clear. Only when I crank the volume literally to the maximum do I get those highs to come out. The bass response of these headphones is really good (I think). Most reviews I've read on this product have stated the bass to be more in the moderate category. I'd have to disagree with that I think the bass reproduction from these headphones is great. I'm no audiophile by any means, but I do have a trained ear for what sounds good. I love all types of music, country, rap, hardcore metal, pop, jazz, etc. These headphones sound pretty good for most types of music. Be warned, those of you who like the higher end frequencies wont be happy with this product. The bass production is great the highs aren't. I need the best of both worlds. I just wish some company out there could make the perfect in the ear style headphone. Philips makes a really good earbud style earphone. I honestly think the Philips model SHE9500 is a better sounding earbud style headphone than the E2c. The SHE9500 sells for $29.95 at Best Buy. But because I believe you get what you pay for I went big...Oh well

Submitted by anmcg a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2006

Bottom Line:
I purchased these headphones at a discounted price, and couldn't be happier with them. I do agree with other reviewers though, the highs aren't that great with these. I have spoken to many people who said the bass wasn't that great, but I think they didn't have the right earpeices in. Once i found the right fit, it was wonderful. They are a bit difficult to keep in your ears though, so if you have trouble with that you might want to consider using the foam earpieces they provide.

Purchased At:   Apple Store

Headphone amp and Shure e2c

I have a 2nd Gen Ipod Nano with Shure e2c headphones. I have noticed some headphone amps on ebay like this one: [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/Micro-Cmoy-headphone-amp-Opamp2132-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ250058403008QQihZ015QQcategoryZ40138QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/url] Would something like this improve or ch ... Read More »

Shure E2c review...

:cornut: e2c's ROCK!!! there is only one way to describe these phones?...HELLZ YA!!!! :14: i went to the store, picked them up, nothing to hard 'bout that....they're packaged in the typical electronics/impossible to open/infuriating plastic...the scissors made light work of it, just cut off the ... Read More »

MS 1400W: