Sony MDR-CD60 Headphones

Submitted by Ron a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2012

Bottom Line:
Ok, so you can't do a mix-down or E.Q. with these...but anyone who knows about sound E.Q, knows there are only a select few headphone types and brands that you can. Otherewise you should use studio monitors.
Well I'm a studio drummer and I have always used headphones instead of in-ears or external monitors. It just makes the sound that much cleaner and more comfortable for me.
I have a great pair of Presonus and Audix ones that are sweet for studio jobs, but for live I love these!!!! I do a drum light mix in them because they are not N.C and I can focus more on the other musicians in the mix. they are light, and they can take a beating. Its a dual wire set up so each can gets an individual signal and its beefy. I can't say enough about them!
Plus I got them for free so the price point alone even if I had paid is superb!
I'm cirtian that there are better but not for 30 bucks and as a drummer I would rather have more money to invest in heads, sticks, and cymbals.

Submitted by Pete Campbell a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
I am amaized at those folks who listen through good/great equipment and even take the time to piss and moan about a set of phones that cost less than most of my mic. and audio cables. Give me a break from such stupidity!

Purchased At:   Don't remember

Submitted by Ed a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
Wow, I read all of the previous reviews and was shocked.
I bought these back in 1996, and have tortured them ever since. I use them for LAN party gaming, they are comfortable (even over glasses), and it took me 5 years to finaly crack a piece of the plastic headpiece. they give clear response in gaming and can be worn for hours. I have bought and returned 2 other pairs of headphones, including a $50 set of plantronics that claimed to have great gaming and sound response.
All in all, I am quite happy with these, and am repiaring them as we speak with epoxy because they are so hard to find now.

Purchased At:   k-mart

Submitted by Eric Gibson a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2001

Bottom Line:
I had begun mixing down some tracks with my Mackie mixer to send them to tape from my computer, when I picked up these headphones because they were laying there when a great depression set in. "How could I been so totally wrong in my EQ" I thought, I'd been mixing in software, but come on! Then I switched out the headphones and everything was back to normal. PHEW! I wouldn't listen to a tape of a dog licking it's ass with these phones...

GRRR

Purchased At:   given to me

Submitted by Scott Pickeirll a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
I figured I wouldn't paly the buy and return game with Service Merchandise and didn't know you could sample at circuit City, so I removed the earcushions and they are fantastic and not uncomfortable. It's the distance the cups bulge that causes the weekness. grab them and pluck them off.

Purchased At:   Service merchandise