Sennheiser MX 500 Earbud Headphones

3.78/5 (23 Reviews)

Full-bodied stereo sound with powerful bass response. Ultra-lightweight design for comfortable musical enjoyment & cool metallic look. It has superior sound reproduction & volume control built into the cable.
With convenient carrying box that fits easily into your pocket.

Submitted by cdawson2000 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2008

Bottom Line:
These earbuds sound great. Definately check them out.

On another note, Budcase is a neat little product I found on the web that is a keychain earbud holder. Great for keeping up with your earbuds! Especially if you are a iPhone user. Google budcase.com

Submitted by seth_ke a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2008

Bottom Line:
I just want to say, This earphone must use sponge
When I just bought it I really disappoint in sound quality and it alwayse slip out of my ear
but put on the sponge come with earphone, it become a different earbud
It beat My 100$ Grado GR80 in defination, sound stage and bass speed
and have very flat response curve and pleasant sound, 5 STAR

Purchased At:   Taiwan

Submitted by 40yrAudiophile a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2007

Bottom Line:
These earbuds will, as they did me, thoroughly surprise you.There's no way I'd have believed a pair of $15 phone could deliver the kind of 1st-class sound these do. My audiophilia goes back to many years. I've been "annointed" (didn't ask for it) a "golden ear" reputation. I am pretty picky about my audio and have since my first pair of electrostaic ones, Koss ESP-9's have been partial to 'phones. I've been through other Koss models, top of the line Sennheisers, Beyer Dynamics and AKG's. I use Grado's as my reference now. And since, all my speakers have been some one or another Magnepan product or Yamaha NS-1000's or 2000's driven by class A amps. I still can't stand that mp3 sound b/c it's even more vacuous than low-bit rate CD's. I needed something to listen to on travel, so on the Sennheiser rep alone I picked up the MX-500's. WOW! I'm sure that anything positive I write about their sound here is redundant as others surely have already praised them.
I only want to add these two tips. They have break-in period after which their sound turns smoother, more liquid,inviting, never demanding. Second, to get their best sound stand up them in you ear with the driver's facing the front, wires wrapped back around and behind your ears. They're fine, but nothing particularly impressive, traditionally placed on the ear, wires hanging down but try them standing. Yes, I know they're hard to keep in the upright position but here's my solution. Pick up an extra set of the foam earpads, add one to the one on each earbud. Then they should make a decent seal. (Radio Shack sells 'em)

Listen, I've auditioned lots of others and find these little $15 one of the best bargains around. Just remember to position them as I've recommended. Yes, they do blow away evry Bang & Olufsen I've heard.

Purchased At:   Buy.com

Submitted by tony whittle a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2007

Bottom Line:
I bought these headphones based on these reviews. They compare with any low end product. They have very little base. Anyone who has an ear will not be satisfied with these headphones.

Submitted by rattlehead a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2007

Bottom Line:
After reading reviews about this product in audio review and other similar sites, I decided that I am going to replace my stock ipod headphones with this pair of earbuds. After listening to various types of music, I began wondering why people were writing about powerful bass response. Just from one listening we can tell that this earbud has no bass at all. Absolutely no bass. Clarity is very good, I can tell that. My word to all those who read this review is that if you are a person who likes some bass also in their music, just forget the idea of buying the MX500. Its no good. If it is just clear sound you want to hea, this could be the one for you. If you want bass for this kind of money, I think you can try the Sony MDR E829V.

Purchased At:   Cochin