Sennheiser MX 400 Earbud Headphones

4.5/5 (6 Reviews)

Full-bodied stereo sound with powerful bass response. Ultra-lightweight design for comfortable musical enjoyment & excellent sound, full bass. With convenient carrying box that fits easily into your pocket.

Submitted by Sergio Oliveira a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2007

Bottom Line:
Exellent detailed high and mid, natural basses are very good.

Purchased At:   B&H Photo

Submitted by dusty a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
For $20 canadian.... these are a steal!

Highs are kinda sharp and the bass is a little weak when i first tried them. But then I put the foam caps on and that made a world of difference. The highs came out really nice and the bass was much more prominent. These sound better than anything sony can put out and costs a third of the price!

Purchased At:   Radioshack

Submitted by mukie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
these headphones sound really well. I bought them to replace the headphones that came with my sony MD. They are lot better sounding than the other headphones. I've also had sony groove headphones 238 and these sound better than those as well. They are definitely the best headphones in this price range. There are 2 things i don't like about these headphones. First, the cord is too small! I can't put my MD into my jeans pocket without it ripping the headphones from my ears. The second thing is that the wire doesn't have a "neckchain" design like the sony models. This may not bother some people but when i'm not listening to earbud's, i like to hang it around my neck.
Overall, these headphones are a great deal. If you're planning to buy these headphones, you might have to buy a headphone extension.

Purchased At:   radio shack canada

Submitted by Ron Smith a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
I wanted a set of earbuds to trash around while in my office, when I don't feel like uncoiling my 888's, but wanted good sound, something which the average buds don't often produce. I didn't want to spend much, so the MX400's are the ticket. In comparing them to the industry standard Fontopia-style headphone, the Sony MDR-E888, the sound is very close. The 888's are more comfortable, due to their flexible posts and do fit a bit better into my ear, and are a bit more efficient. But, for 1/5 the price, the MX400's are a steal.

Purchased At:   Radio Shack

Submitted by Jason a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2001

Bottom Line:
These sound great. The only headphones that don't clip with bass boost II on with my RCA (Garbage) discman, I can't wait to get a Sony Discman to really have some fun. The easy wind up case is wonderful. These never leave my pocket(or so it seems) I recommend these to anyone. A deal at twice the price(Canadian - that would be $40)
Email me if you have any questions.

Purchased At:   Radio Shack (Gasp!)

Sennheiser: