Koss TD-65 Stereo Headphones

3.57/5 (7 Reviews)

Submitted by Steve Stambersky a

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
see S & W

Submitted by Kevin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
Rock solid for cost.

Purchased At:   Walmart

Submitted by JJ a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
I would have to agree with the other guys. Not really that comfortable, but the noise isolation when you are trying to study is near-complete. These headphones make my R&B and electronic music sound good. But every few hours I take them off because of discomfort.
I've had them for about 2 years and used them heavily, stuffing them into bags. The plastic is starting to crack, and the copper and white wires are getting exposed, but it has been a while. Overall, a great-sounding headphone for 30 dollars.

Submitted by Jeff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is one bassy set of headphones, extension is nearly as good as my Sennheiser HD500's, and bass in general is quite a bit boomier and punchier compared with the Sennheisers. I do not like a sound like this, but many people who listen to rap or techno may like the extremely punchy bass. These headphones basically clamp onto your head, you could ride a roller coaster and they would not fall off, but as a result they are very uncomfortable, and fatiguing to use. Vocals sound fair, the coloration heard in higher frequencies is not as predominant here, but these headphones are poor for anything with guitar, which sounds muffled, flat, and dull.

Overall, these headphones produce sound that is somewhat flat and lack any sort of transparency to my untrained ears, but I think these are definantly worth a look at if you listen to a lot of bass heavy music. I highly reccomend that you try to wear them for an hour or so before you purchase them however, they really are that uncomfortable. For the money, you probably can not get a bassier set of headphones, but at the same cost you could get some much clearer, more uncolored sounding ones.

Submitted by Dan S a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
I've had a pair of these for probably 5 or 6 years now. And I must say their main strength is durability. I've beat the crap out of these things. I've dropped them, stepped on them, crimped the cord in drawers, stood up while standing on the cord. And to my disbelief they perform just as well the day I got them.

The earpads have a thin rubbery skin over the foam, well they used to before that wore off about 2 years ago. They're bulky, clunky, and very uncomfortable - the headband clamps against your head with a fair amount of pressure - I cannot go more than an hour anymore before the fatigue is too much to bear.

They do deliver a good punch, lots of bass, volume can far exceed my normal listening level, and because it's a closed design and have very thick foam pads they block out sound exceptionally well.

The sound quality is perhaps not as clean as I'd like them to be. I've just ordered a pair of Sennheiser HD580's to replace them, but I'll still keep them cause they're generally pretty good all around.

Sennheiser: