Koss TD-60 Stereo Headphones

3.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Submitted by moonkat a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
I use these at work and for travel. The're fairly compact for closed design and with good sound. Very good value.

Purchased At:   BJs

Submitted by michael a

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is a good headphone for this price range. It is not spectacular sounding by any means, but it does sound good. I use this headphone for the computer and also listening to music on my stereo system. I enjoyed the lightweight and comfort that it offers. You can wear these for an hour without discomfort. These headphones sound stable at all volume ranges. The long 8 feet cord is also practical. I didn't really like the fact that the freq range is small and on the low range so it doesn't pick up the high frequencies, and hence you don't hear the bright treble notes in music. Also there is not much bass and the sound leak is noticeable even at mid volume. Other than those complaints it is a good headphone. It is certainly a good purhase for the casual listener but for those who are more finicky about their sounds I suggest they get another headphone.

Submitted by G.N a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought them to compare it with SONY MDR-CD60. I general Koss sounds much better even though specs say something different. Don't believe specs, believe your hearing. Quite comfortable to use. Sounds quite natural, has deep sound stage and whatever it does, it does well. Sound has more life while listening to KOSS headphones. Not as much base or high frequency, but they play louder than SONY on my ONKYO TX-7211 CD-player. Good buy for less than 20$. They give you free earbuds at Walmart, which are really worth nothing. Nice beginner headphones. I would try KOSS-TD65 (25$), KOSS R-80 (40$). For 60$ I would try GRADO SR-60 or refurbished Sennheiser HD525. For more than 100$, I would try Grado SR-125, SR-225 and obviously Sennheiser HD580 (200$) and HD600 (300$). Nice shopping. I did not test all headphones in 20$ price range, so my judgement might be not fair.

Sennheiser: