Koss QZ-99 Stereo Headphones

3.25/5 (4 Reviews)

Submitted by Scriabin a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2006

Bottom Line:
If the sound from this headphone is too small or strange, it's due to the power of the headphone amplifier in your audio device.
I attached Audio-Technica's headphone amplifier to my CD player, and the sound was much improved. QZ99 is a very good product for those who want to be free from environmental noise.

Submitted by Raoul Simonich a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
Not as expected, could be louder volume

Purchased At:   prospectors patch

Submitted by ciscokid1970 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
THE BEST HEADPHONES FOR MOWING THE LAWN!!!

Sound is good (not great but not bad) but the isolation between the audiable noise around you is the best I have found.

Let me clear some things up. I cut my own lawn...yes it saves me money so I can buy audio equipment (I also maintain my own cars). Anyway my gas powered lawnmower and gas edger are VERY LOUD.

At first I only had the desire to protect my ears (i cherish my hearing for I love audio) so I used the squishy ear plugs at first, very quiet but I was bored.

Then one day I said hey let me buy some big headphones that will shield me from noise and I can listen to music. So I went looking.

First some Sony Mdrs...not enough noise isolation, got headaches because I had to crank up the music on top of the machines.

Then one day while at the airport...I asked one of the ground crew guys about his ear protection. He said that they are more than ear protection they are also heaphones because they have to keep in contact with ground control.

Think about it these guys have to hear someone speak while a jet plane is cranking up. They headphones were Koss QZ99 (painted orange of course)

So I went looking for them...not easy to find in the stores by the way. Very pleased to find them on the net for $60 bucks.

Purchased At:   headphone.com

Submitted by Frank Haas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am a metal detecting enthusiast. Thus audio quality is important but not the overriding characteristic. Comfort and effectiveness are the most important elements for my application. The KOSS QZ-99 headphones are perfect for metal detecting enthusiasts and those who demand the ability to sense every nuance that the detector is trying to share with the user.

I search in an urban environment so it's often noisy. Plenty of cars, kids, adults and other distractions. The noise level is usually high enough to keep me from hearing the subtle changes in audio my quality detecting equipment produces. Using headphones, particularly noise reduction units, is a requirement for finding real valuables that are deep down below the surface.

The Koss QZ-99 headphones are perfectly suited to the task though I wish the cord was just a little more robust. Audio quality is excellent, the single volume control is convenient and the plug combination fits any detector.

I highly recommend these headphones for anyone who wants comfort, audio quality and durability for their metal detecting efforts.

The only caveat is to shop carefully. Many metal detecting specialty shops will charge you much more for these headphones than the manufacturer suggests for the list price.

Purchased At:   Kellyco Orlando FL