HeadRoom Cosmic Headphone Amplifiers

Submitted by drarthurwells a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2005

Bottom Line:
I bought this used and have used it for years without any problem.

Very clean, low noise, open, detailed, good imaging.

Used with Etymotic 4S, top of line Grado, Sony MDR earbuds 70 and 71 models. Drives the less efficient ETYs just fine.

Use in a car with DC adapter for great car audio - the ETYs block out much road and car noise. Ilegal but never been a problem - I drive visually anyway. Also use at home with AC adapter.

Source is iRiver IMP 400 and 350 models for great CD sound.

Has a process switch to create ambient hall effects but this blurs imaging so I do not use it.

Has a filter that gives treble boost when switched on (why it is called a filter and not a boost is beyond me). I use this except when using iRiver CD player treble boost (I like the jazz equalization on the iRiver, which boosts treble and gives a mild boost to bass).

Sometimes wish for slightly more volume body but this requires a power supply upgrade which is available for home use.

With the ETYs and the iRiver, I get great results.

Purchased At:   used from a private

Wolfmother - Cosmic Egg

I didn't get into [B]Wolfmother[/B] until a couple of years after they came out. I thought they were OK, but they definitely took their cues from The White Stripes, so it was kinda redundant in a way. Also redundant were riffs that you just know you had to have heard before, so you couldn't complete ... Read More »

Some Sound improvement My Cosmic Revelation By Accident!

Hopefully someone can explain this one because I at least now improved my DVD sound quality by total illogical actions. As you know (disregard my previous post I'm going to try to delete it), I ordered a Denon 3801 Receiver and a Harmon Kardon 31 DVD player in an effort to improve sound quality, ma ... Read More »

Sennheiser: