Bang & Olufsen A8 Earbuds Earphones

4.49/5 (39 Reviews) MSRP : $69.99

The A8 earphones are crafted from anodised aluminium and hard rubber giving them both flexibility and robust durability. Designed for durability, the A8's can be adjusted to fit the contours and curves of the individual ear. This ensures that regardless of whether you're relaxing, walking or jogging, they always sit comfortably, and firmly, in place.

Submitted by rtdx100 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2012

Bottom Line:
Recently bought aan Ibasso DX100 which is a perfect match with Bang & Olufsen A8.
I also have Denon d7000 and shure SE310 but the A8 sounds best with the dx100.
Nice balanced audiophile sound for a low price. The d7000 costs 5 times as much and does not sound as good as the A8 with portable audio devices.
The A8 is very comfortable to wear. I use it for many hours when making long flights.
Before i bought the ibasso DX100 I used it with an ipod classic (wav files only) and a headamp pico amplifier which sounds nice but not as good as the ibasso dx100.
Most of the earphone i tested where not in balance, to much bass, to crispy or agressive highs. The A8 is nicely in balance, very open soundstage, good bass (not overdone but also not thin, just right) and nice open mids and highs.
I use it even more than the d7000.

Submitted by Gabriel a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2012

Bottom Line:
These are incredible, crystal clear, smooth and warm sounding , these are like hearing a stockfisch recording on my Martin Logan's through a Mcintosh amp. Hands down better then anything out there that's less then 400 bucks. the only thing I don't like is the cord.

Submitted by JW a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2011

Bottom Line:
If you bought this A8 from Ebay... used, new, from china/japan/korea/hongkong/singapore whatever, then sorry your A8 is FAKE. I can assure you 150%.

The ONLY way you can buy a genuine A8 is from B&O outlet , apple store, or airline dutyfree shop.

That's the only bad thing about this earphones. SO MANY FAKES.

Other than that... this is one of the best in-ear 'phone you can buy.

Submitted by Csacred a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2011

Bottom Line:
I'm sure listening to compressed MP3 files on an ipod will limit the A8's performance. I listen to uncompressed Flac files on a Hifiman HM-601 portable player and what a combo! I am very impressed. These sound better than my $450 in ear monitors. It's a matter of match... and personal sound preference.
With the A8, the sound is so much more natural. The entire spectrum sounds coherent without feeling flat or boring. This combo is lively, fast and dynamic with excellent bass. Perhaps not the deepest bass but strong, full and accurate. Well, when correctly fitted as it does take some tweaking to get used to the optimal position. If poorly inserted, the bass will be thin to non-existent. It took me a few days to get used to the adjustment but it's worth it.
Beware of the fake A8, so many out there, they do not sound the same at all. The authentic A8 are very VERY good earphones. I always thought they were way too expensive until I heard them in the right conditions. Highly recommended!

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by Jason a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2010

Bottom Line:
FIRST, let me say this out loud.

BEWARE of Chinese Counterfeits - Any A8's on Ebay, Anything that costs less than $150 new anywhere, anything from CHina, Hongkong or anywhere in the vincinity of SE asia, are ALL FAKE. B&O A8's are NOT CHEAP. Only genuine B&O A8's are sold in B&O retail stores, Apple stores, various airline duty free shop... NEVER on EBAY.

I made my share of mistake by buying $70 'new' A8's on Ebay from HongKong. I thought HongKong is China but not really china because of free market shopping capital of the world etc... No. Mine too was a fake. Terribly made fake. It looked wrong.. It sounded terrible. If I didn't know there were sooooo many fake A8's on the market and the one I bought on Ebay was a fake.... I would have concluded that all the people posting rave reviews on Audioreview.com were stupid people who's got no idea what a good sounding earphones are like.

Boy I was wrong.

The set I bought on the American Airline's in-flight These earphones, are definitely different than the CHINESE Fakes... After several weeks of wear-in, it puts out wonderfully balanced sound. Well it is what it is and you are not going to get the thumping bass you'd get from a 40mm drivers..... but you get nice extending highs, very detailed mids, and bass that are not bad for such a small drivers.

Goes together extremely nicely with my iPhone.

Product model year:   2008

Bang and Olufsen A8 Earphones

Hello, I've recently bought that item off of someone on eBay. I've just read somewhere that if the B & O brand is etched in white (as it is on the ones I purchased), it means that they are a cheep knockoff. I would like to know if there is any truth in that. Thank youRead More »

Atlantic Technology: