Tannoy S-6LCR

Submitted by Alan Sharp a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2001

Bottom Line:
After searching for over 9 months for a pair of quality audio speakers I purchased the Saturn 6's. I was looking for speakers without the overstated brightness that so many manufacturers seem to push. Tannoy seems to have found a good combination of bass and accurate highs, with its tweeter mounted in the center of the larger 6 inch cone. I was skeptical of the concept until I spent time in the shop listening to them. I haven't looked back since bringing them home, they present the quality one needs for prolonged listening. I would strongly suggest giving them a listen, particulary if you are a discriminating listener who seeks some since of value for your money.

Purchased At:   Digital Ear

Submitted by Drew a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 24, 1999

Bottom Line:
I was very surprised by this speaker. I found the bass response to be excellent and well-detailed. This speaker seemed able to fill a room with sound, and was incredibly pleasant to listen to. I could close my eyes and the performers appeared in front of me - and the stage was much, much wider than the 6 feet apart that the speakers were. These speakers certainly deserve to be auditioned, as they might surprise you too.
Associated equipment:
Rega integrated amp (unknown model)
Marantz CD48 cd player