Sound Dynamics RTS 800
Description: This award winning 8"" (20.3cm) subwoofer features the same 100-watt MOSFET amplifier as the RTS-1000, this model represents incredible value and is ideal for even the smallest room environments.

Submitted by George Neto a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
I purchased this sub about 2 years ago. It does everything that I want it to do. It enriches the DVD experience with clear, full bass. You can feel the bass on explosions and other special effects. Mind you, it will not shake the room, but you will still feel it in your chest.

I am pleased with the depths that this speaker can produce. It has an exceptionally low range. (100 watts of power).

It is excellent for music and matches well with my Boston A70 bookshelf speakers (low range 45 hz). I set the sub to 60 hz and the result is a seamless match for all kinds of music and movies.

(Hint, to set the sound level, I play music with the A/B speaker selector switched off, so that I can isolate the bass line on the sub. I toggle the A/B speaker switch on and off to match the speaker levels. After a few days, a minor tweak may be necessary, then voila!)

One of the best things about the sub is its size. It is small and can be squeezed in-between your regular speakers.

FYI, you can pay more for the Energy and Mirage versions of this speaker, but I believe that you won't notice the difference.

If you want room shaking power, then you'll need something bigger. However, if you want clear, undistorted deep bass for music and movies (which you can feel in your chest), then I have no hesitation in recommending this sub.

Purchased At:   2001 Audio Video