Silverline Audio Technology Sinfonia
MSRP  20000.00
Description: <ul> <li>Soft-dome tweeter</li> <li>7" paper-cone mid woofer</li> <li>12" paper cone low woofer</li> <li>Frequency Response: 18 Hz – 28 kHz</li> </ul>

Submitted by seasterl a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2006

Bottom Line:
I started with the SR17 atop Sound Anchors 4-post stands, then had the tweeters upgraded, and thought this was terrific sound. Later, I needed just a little more bass, so I upgraded to the Sonata III and enjoyed blissful sound. I recently took a big risk and went out on a limb and sold my awesome black Sonata III to purchase the Sinfonia loudspeakers (Danish rosewood finish). I must say that this is as good as it gets. The mids & highs are lifelike and the bass just goes down, down, down to reach the lowest of lows without having too much bass energy. The speaker is tri-amp'able (meaning, you can use one, two, or three amps). I'm currently using the Rogue Audio Atlas (in triode mode) EL34 amp for the mids & highs. I tried a SS amp and even the Rogue M120 monoblocks (KT88 tubes) for the mid-woofer and 12" f/r woofers, but I had too much bass,... but I haven't treated my room for acoustics yet. (I may return to the KT88-based monoblocks for the front-firing mid-woofer and 12" woofer after room treatments.) Currently, I'm driving the mids/highs, and front-firing mid-woofer and 12" woofer with my Rogue Atlas (in triode mode) and using some ASL "Wave 8" monoblocks for the rear-firing 12" woofers and have perfect sound on all genres of music. These speakers just do everything right. They are 96dB efficient, too!