Ruark Prologue 2
Description: <ul> <li>Frequency Response: 42Hz - 22KHz +/- 3dB (free space conditions)</li> <li>Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms</li> <li>Sensitivity: 90dB/watt @ 1m</li> <li>Dimensions HxWxD: 96cm x 22.5cm x 24cm</li> <li>Weight each unpacked: 18Kg</li> <li>Color finishes: Natural Cherry, Red Cherry, Natural Oak or Black Oak Veneers</li> </ul>

Submitted by Lars12345 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2013

Bottom Line:
Outstanding speakers, I have these hooked up to my McIntosh MA6900 amp and they truly sing. I also connected them to a cheap and cheerful Kenwood amplifier and a Musical Fidelity Nu Vista M3 amp and they sound great with those too. Many reviewers have pointed towards how versatile these speakers are, they are correct and I believe that they would sound excellent with most amps both cheap and expensive. Mine are wired up with Van Damme cables which work perfectly for them. As recommended, I have mine close to the rear wall in a large room, though they are great for small rooms too and sound fine away from walls.
They are fast, accurate and are not fatiguing in the slightest. I use them for hi-fi purposes with the tweeters on the outside (D'appolitto design), though a more focused sound can be acheived by placing them on the inside. The bass is agile and taut, which I like, no doubt attributed to the seperate internal enclosure for the top woofer and tweeter. The lower woofer supplies the resonant lower frequencies amply.
An outstanding purchase, I got mine in 2013 and only paid £390 for them which I thought was a real bargain compared with the imported rubbish they sell brand new in many major Hi Fi retailers. Highly recommended, over time, I began to prefer these to my Jamo Concert 11's.