Paradigm Reference Studio 60

Submitted by Dave a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2007

Bottom Line:
60 V.3's. Beautiful, svelte little things. Made to be clothed in black. Two lovely ladies in little black dresses. You can almost smell the perfume. I listened for decades before settling on these.

Been in studios and small venues with real violins and pianos and guitars and astonishing classical and popular artists. Sit back, close your eyes, and you're there with the other drunks in that Philly club with SRV. You're there in the studio with that violinist. All you Easy Music listeners, that's not shrillness that you hear. That's what a REAL violin sounds like up close and personal. It isn't Easy. It's raw and sensual. Nuf said.

Purchased At:   GNT Audio, Camp Hill

Submitted by broodlinger a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2006

Bottom Line:
I've had the Studio 60's for a few years now to the point where I'm starting to get bored. However, I still haven't met anyone who owns speakers even remotely close to these. From the standpoint of home theater or studio recording work , the Studio 60's will blow you away. Crisp, rich, bassy, hard to believe.

HT/Studio work: Perfect. Utterly perfect.

Dance/Rap: A little underpowered on the bass.

Purchased At:   a paradigm dealer

Submitted by Jim G a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
I listened to many speakers at this price point, Energy C-9's, Kef Q-7's, Klipsh Reference and a few more.These speakers are the full package. You feel like you are in the room with the entertainer. They have bone crushing punch if your into Metallica or a tremendous sweet spot if you are into Sarah McLachlan. I spent countless hours putting these speakers through the paces and I found that they perfomed exceptionally well. I also listened to a "high end speaker" named Totem they were more than twice the price and they sounded great. They had a nice wood finish but the Studio 60's sounded so close to them that I couldn't justify the extra $1500 for a nice wood finish.

Purchased At:   Eds TV

Submitted by Thomas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
Unbeatable. When I first started looking for some new speakers for the home theatre I was putting in my new home, I laughed when someone mentioned Paradigm. I actually hadn't heard about them at all save for a few ads. They aren't sold at many dealers and you almost have to go looking for Paradigms to end up buying them. Boy was I glad I gave them a chance. I listened to nearly ten sets of speakers aside from these, ALL of which cost at least as much and most of which cost 2-4 times as much. In the end, I had to put vanity aside and listen to my ears. The Paradigm Reference speakers really and truly did sound much better than speakers costing four times as much. In the world of stereo equipment, the law of diminishing returns tells me that I'd have to spend 50-100 times what I did on these speakers to MAYBE dillude myself into thinking I'm hearing better sound. I won't ever buy anything but Paradigm Reference. I could listen to every movie and song on these speakers from now til the day I day and be a content man. Don't take my word for it.

Purchased At:   Sound & Cinema

Submitted by atmartin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
I've had these speakers for a couple of years now. They were an upgrade from the Paradigm 7SeMkIII, which were very nice. I want everyone out there considering these to know that they are they best speakers one could ever hope to find under a few grand. My background in audio sales has allowed me to work with such speaker brands as B&W, NHT, Sound Dynamics, Mission, Boston Acoustics, and many more, and both in the showroom and in customers' homes. I can honestly say that these Paradigm Reference speakers are one of the most dynamic, sonically transparent speakers around. I would take them over B&W 804's anyday! The build quality, materials, hardware, and especially the sound really set these apart. You can't go wrong!!!

Purchased At:   Codell (Montreal, Ca