Mitsubishi M-S100

Submitted by sidmind a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
I got these at the local Sight and Sound place on an Open Box closout, for a 100 bucks. I am very glad I got them but wouldn't pay much more. they sound pretty good for movies when coupled with a low end reciever, but after buying a HK reciever and Velodyne sub, they just don't keep up when playing music loud. basically they suck. I would compare them to something that you could buy at Walmart. I am glad I got them because it got me into my 5.1 system cheap and I think they are better than the worst speakers out there, and plan to use them for the center channel and rear speakers for a while. but other than that don't wast your time.

Purchased At:   Sight and Sound

Submitted by Ruwan Ratnayake a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
I found this pair for sale by an angry mom. I have been using these for a couple of years now, and have tried all kinds of amplifiers with this. HK, Pioneer, Yamaha, Sony. Performs amazingly well. I am a "Speaker enthusiast" and a speaker collector. Have been buying speakrs over a long period of time. Truely, nothing that I bought including a pair of Infinities does not compare to these. I truely did not want a sub woofer, for these mitsubishies can rattle windows without a problem. But, just to save them, coupled a subwoofer which can filter low freq's. If you find this, I mean..."BUY THEM". There is nothing much you can do, unless you want to spend about $700 a peice. Its a pitty that Mitsubishi does not make affordable speakers anymore.

Purchased At:   private party