Mission MS705
Description: Three Way Tower

Submitted by ARG a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 24, 1999

Bottom Line:
Ok here is the short version....WOW! Now for a more detailed review. Had I paid full retail for these speakers I would have rated them a solid 4 stars. They have wonderfull imaging, good bass extension without ever becoming "boomy" crisp crear high end, warm and natural midrange, plus these puppies can rock and roll all day without any strain at all. My previous front mains were a pair of JBL Studio Monitor 4408's which I have had and used every day for the last 11 years. These are very good speakers considering there "bookshelf" demensions. But being professional studio speakers they could never create that all encompasing, room filling sound I was looking for in a home theater. No Problem for the Missions. Much much larger soundstage, of course the missions are Huge in comparison. They stand 56" high and weigh 85lbs apiece. First pair of speakers I've owned that needed to be spiked to the floor. Now considering that I paid $600.00 for the pair brand new, I can't rate these babies high enough. 5+ stars for sure.