Mirage Loudspeakers AVS HT Package
Description: Sub/Sat system

Submitted by Aris Chrysostomou a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
I was looking for speakers for my medium-sized appartment and I was certain that I was going for small speakers but surely not for satellites. I heard the BOSE and I was dissapointed. So when the dealer suggested a demo with the Mirage AVS500 I thought it was just another good 2-minute-waste.
Those 2 minutes were UNBELIEVABLE. I must have spent 30 minutes listening to them with various cds(mine of course) and dvds. WOW!!!
I realized then that no matter how many hours you spent reading all the magazines avilable the best instructors are your eyes and ears.
I've been using the AVS500 for 1 month now and I am very happy with them. For my appartment their are just perfect.
I partnered them with the Mirage Frx-s8 subwoofer and overall they provide a very good sound.
When my house is ready in about a year I will probably add another pair of fronts (thinking MirageFRX3) and use the four satellites as surrounds and surround rears since my amp is the 7-channel.

My kit is:
Metz TV 28inch Classic PIP
Pioneer DVD-535(Very good budget)
Denon AVR-3801(Excellent)
Mirage AVS500(four sattelites and a center)
Mirage FRx-S8 subwoofer(Excellent)
Old Aiwa CD player(Good for now. will be replaced soon)
Old Sanyo VCR(Old but solid)

Good luck

Submitted by Jon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
first off, its a home theater package so i wasn't expecting the most transparent sound coming out of them. however, i was very suprised at how well they sounded for a wall-mountable sourround package. although they are pretty clear, theres something about them that doesnt bring the music truly to life. i am much more of an audiophile when it comes to car audio and i have heard car speakers that just about knocked me over. 4 sattelites, a center channel, and an 8" sub all for much less than the advertised price (something like 500-550 bucks...maybe 600 - i cant remember) is a very good deal to me. they are running off a yamaha RX-V995 Receiver which feeds each speaker 100 watts - their reccommended RMS power I believe. one thing that bothers me about the package is the severe lack of mid-bass. there is a huge gap between the 3" or 3.5" mid and the 8" sub. Once again, its a home theater package, but if you want one that sounds very clean, definately audition the Mirage Take 5 package

Purchased At:   ABT Electronics

Submitted by Chris a

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have had these speakers for about 2 mounths now, and i have to say that i love them. I bought them as a package w/ a denon avr-1801 reciever, and it seems to be a perfect fit. The bass is very powerful (the runway scene in HEAT , most base i've ever heard in a movie).

BTW, i have read that some people have paid $800.00 for these. The msrp on mirage's site is $500.00.

Purchased At:   Bryn Mawr

Submitted by Todd a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2000

Bottom Line:
I cant say enough about these speakers! I have had them for 2 months are I think they are excellent. I have them hooked up to a JVC 888 receiver and while this may not be the greatest receiver in the world, DVD's sound fantastic. I also have the 8" subwoofer which is easily big enough for a good size den.

Purchased At:   Domes Audio Video Environments

Submitted by Sean a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2000

Bottom Line:
The AVS package is by far the best sounding Home Theater speakers on the market under a $1000. I have a Denon AVR3300 receiver to drive these little speakers. The speakers are accurate and make you feel as if your in a movie theater or better yet in the middle of the event.
I'm using an 8" subwoofer and the sound is amazing.
Run to the store and buy this system. You won't be dissapointed.
I bought mine at ABT for about $800 including four mounting brackets.