Klipsch KSB 1.1
Description: main or surround

Submitted by rbh49 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2005

Bottom Line:
Klipsch KB or KSB 1.1 is a Gem among Gems. Getting very RARE to find, because owners won't let them go. Yhe ultimate utility speaker and as HUGE Bang for the Buck. If you find them jump. The SB-1 that replaced these are burners and not worth your nickel... find'm BUY'm Simple as that.

Purchased At:   UBID

Submitted by Scott a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
I got a steal,buying the last 4 in the store for $180.Combined with an average Boston sub the sound was amazing!Great setup for rec room or den.Work great with my Yamaha 620 receiver.I'm not going to BS anybody & say the sound is awesome but the combo I put together CANNOT be beat for the price.With the class of receiver I'm using they can be used on either "large" or "small" setting & sound excellent.Great for surround.

Purchased At:   Magnolia A/V

Submitted by Mike a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
Used as bookshelf speakers in a stereo setup generally for music in small bedroom. I listen in very close proximity to the speakers. Clarity is amazing. Perhaps the highs are a little too prominent (a _little_ too crisp/bright to my ears. I hope thats the correct terminology because that's the way it they sound). Bass was more than adequate for my purposes.

Happy with the purchase.

Submitted by azjoe35 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
These make wonderful 5.1 surround speakers. I haven't tried them as mains because I have a great set of BOSTONs on the front. I read a bunch of reviews before purchacing them myself. I have not been dissapointed one bit. The sound truely fills my room with all 5.1 movies. I had been using YAMAHA 3 ways for the rear and changed to these because I wanted some lighter speakers to mount higher on the wall. These filled the bill perfectly. One thing I didn't expect was the durability. One day my son pulled on the speaker wire and the speaker came tumbling 7 feet off the wall. Luckily he wasn't hurt. The speaker still works fine and suffered only a slightly dented grill. My refrigerator bore the blunt of the impact and has a nice dent in it. If you don't want to spend hundreds of $$$ on excellent sounding speakers by a reputable manufacturer, you can not go wrong with these. I am highly impressed all the way around. Thanks Klipsch and thanks Ubid.com

Purchased At:   Ubid.com

Submitted by Octavio Hernandez a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great speakers. I have my 6 Klipsch KSB 1.1 (6.1 mode), one KSC-C1 and my KSW 200 Sub, connected to my brand new DENON AVR-4802, and i can tell you that these speakers realy sound very good. I had these same speakers conected to my old YAMAHA RXV795, and when i changed my receiver, a completly new sound emerged from my old speakers !!! I'm very happy with them but eventualy i will upgrade them as i did with my receiver. Enjoy movies and music, thats life !!!

Purchased At:   The Good Guys