KLH 9250B
Description: <ul> <li>Pair of ported 3-way floor speakers</li> <li>Each includes 12" molded fiber cone woofer, 5-1/4" dynamic fiber cone midrange and 7/8" polycarbonate ferrofluid tweeter</li> <li>250 watts handling capacity</li> <li>10-250W performance range</li> <li>Impedance: 8 ohms</li> <li>Frequency response: 28Hz - 20kHz</li> <li>Sensitivity: 90dB</li> <li>Quick-connect hookup terminals</li> <li>Black woodgrain vinyl cabinet finish, black waffled baffles and removable black cloth grilles</li> </ul>

Submitted by tainted747 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2008

Bottom Line:
these things are AWSEOME! they shake my house AND my neighbors house!!!! they dont ever break and they sound good at all levels. i got two of them for $40 dollars!!!!!

Purchased At:   garage sale

Submitted by wiggystud a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2006

Bottom Line:
These speakers kick butt! It's the best value for your money. Low lows, great mids, and high highs. Truly the dream speaker you've been waiting for. 1 Year warranty fo rnew ones. I 've got them hooked up to my Pioneer 770 watt, with 300 watt amps each. They sound great and they don't seem to be able to blow at any point. Great for everyone.

Purchased At:   Rex's Audio Video Ap

Submitted by walbrofloat a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2005

Bottom Line:
Simply, I was searching for a set of speakers to go with my Pioneer power amp. I did not have much money to spend, so obviously I turned to eBay. I had never experienced KLH products before, so I was completely in the dark. I am no longer in the dark... These speakers belt. A lot of people use them for HT applications, but I just use them for my 2 channel system. The bass is phenomenal, even out of a 12" woofer. Personally, I wouldn't dream of using a sob with them, it would be overkill. They have crisp highs, and mellow mids. I was entirely shocked with what I got for the money. And I don't exactly listen to Dolly Parton or Lawrence Welk either, I've got a Winamp list full of Nine Inch Nails, KoRn, and every other speaker killing band you can imagine. But yet, they take it all in stride, no matter how badly I may be bleeding from the ears. I recommend them to anyone, as I tried the easy listening route with Simon and Garfunkel, and the whisped that along nicely as well. Very cost effective. Good quality. I suppose they are more geared toward harder music, but they will assimilate to the easy listening crowd as well. Overall, good all-around units that are sure to please for the price paid.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by Seeberg a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2004

Bottom Line:
I've been considering my options recently when I found that my Grado headphones that I paid 70$ for outperformed and outstripped my whole Bose system, hands down. I used KLH's earlier generation 9912's for about a week before I found out about the deal I got the Bose for back in 2000, and I was impressed with them then, but I used to use EQ's quite liberally. So I checked out the new-gen 9250B, and found the cainet to be of higher quality at the expense of foam surrounds on the 12" drivers. Nowadays foam lasts alot longer, and I said what the heck when I wanted to A/B these, since I could get a full refund if I didn't like them. I ran them through a Sherwood RD-7103 Dolby Digital/DTS reciever and a Playstation 2 with an AR optical toslink connection, playing various DVD's Well, guess what? They beat the Bose system in a stereo A/B test in all categories, bass, mid, treble without any EQ or boost of any kind! For 100$!! Not only that, but they have a sound that is closer to that of my headphones, which was another goal of my reverse "upgraditis". I'm spending less and getting more, which I enjoy.

If anyone overlooks these speakers because of low price, they'll regret it. Low price doesn't mean low bang for the buck, not by a long shot, Grado being the proof of that. Audition these speakers, if you aren't hung up on snob factor, these speakers might be all you need for music, movies, games, you name it. For a surround sound setup, you might have to shop around or check out KLH's offerings for a good center/surround package that is timbre matched. I'm thoroughly impressed with these speakers although I still have to finish their burn-in period. Check them out!

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by ag2003 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
The KLH 9250B is an excellent speaker for
the price. MSRP is US$ 230/pair, but
can be easily found at under $150/pair or
even lower. Bottom line: You can't beat the
value that this model gives. Connected to
my Sherwood RX4103 receiver , and Technics
SL-PD9 CD player, they were very capable
of playing a range of music from Ravel
to Springsteen, to chest-pounding club
music.

Connected to my older (but better) system,
an NAD 3020, Denon DCD player, and ADC 110 IC equalizer, the speakers were amazing!
They really made me wonder if I should
switch out my old Boston Acoustics A70
in favor of these speaks. the 3020 and
the equalizer took away the slight boom
and added a crisp and warm quality
to the sound.

Recommended for students, casual listeners
and anyone under a tight budget to get
good sound. I also recommend using an
equalizer with these (and any other)
speaker, to customize the sound balance
to your room and your ears.

Purchased At:   Best Buy