KLH 912B
Description: 3-way floor speakers

Submitted by Nick a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
give great base for price especialy when the 12s are placed in a decent box with ample wattage

Purchased At:   best buy

Submitted by Dan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2000

Bottom Line:
When I purchased these speakers, I had a cheap department store stereo (a Panasonic mini-system) that I wanted to get the most out of until I could afford a better reciever. I still have not purchased a better reciever, but they worked miricles for this. I believe that the Panasonic has 6 watts per channel, and this little bit of power makes the entire house rumble - no joke. When mine were new they cost me $89.99 a piece, but I noticed recently that they have completely different drivers and are about $40 cheaper making the pair cost about $100 at Best Buy. I don't know if they are still as good, but it looks like the 15" model may be the equivilent in price, value, and sound to what my two year old model was. If your a kid like me - or well - almost 18, buy these, and get an Onkyo 575 reciever like I plan to do and you will not be sorry - I promise you.

Submitted by Quen a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2000

Bottom Line:
I recently replaced my 2 10' aiwa speakers with these KLH ones and they rock! I bought them new as a pair for 140$ and for the price the quality is excellent! I highly recommend these speakers to anyone who wants good quality speakers at a reasonable price!

Submitted by Steve a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 15, 1999

Bottom Line:
I was just getting into surround sound when I bought these, and at the time, I only had a Pioneer Pro-Logic receiver. I didn't have tons of money to blow, so I needed something inexpensive. After trying a few other speaker set-ups (Yamaha and a KLH satellite/subwoofer combo), I decided to try these. I was amazed! They certainly aren't giving me the kind of sound a $2,000 pair of speakers could, but, hell, these shake the walls and rattle the windows, and without much distortion. I now have a Yamaha RX-V795, and under the demands of the digital sound from DVDs and LaserDiscs, they hold up very, very well. DTS especially sounds amazing. Friends are always amazed by my sound system, despite the main speakers being so "cheap." (NOTE: my living room has hard wood floors and very little covering the walls. I'm not sure how the speakers would sound in a room with carpeting and other dampening features.)

Submitted by Charlie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 25, 1999

Bottom Line:
If you want speakers that can play loud without a lot of distortion for under $100/pair, these are great speakers. If you want something with good sound reproduction at lower volumes these probably aren't the best choice. They're a great value, but, they dont sound as good as infinity or cerwin-vega.