KEF 107.2

Submitted by DENNIS a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2012

Bottom Line:
OMG IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY. IF YOURE READING THIS THEN HOPEFULLY YOU HAVE ENJOYED THE CLARITY,THE REALISM,AND THE COMPLETE EXPIERIENCE THAT THE KEF 107 DELIVERS.
UNFORTUNATELY I AM HERE TO TRY TO SELL MY SET.
NEAR MINT, ALWAYS KEPT IN CLIMATE CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT.
FIRST 1000.00 CAN HAVE THEM, NOT HAPPY TO SELL BUT I DONT HAVE A CHOICE.

Submitted by George a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2007

Bottom Line:

When I bought my KEF 107 back in 1987 in England I felt great, as the most important part of my system was brought bck to Athens in Greece.
Speakerwise to my liking there was a thin line betwwen KEF and IMF with the later using KEF's drivers. Great speakers too, but very difficult to place and stricktly monitors. My vote went for KEF.
To mate these speakers you need at least 300 watts at 4ohms. Once you tackle this problem then you've crossed the muddy river! Don't bother with the KUBE it just pusts a veil around the beautiful sound these speakers produce. Another trick is to use top gear in order to fully exploit the potential of these long gone wonders of speakers. You do that and then you'll come to realize that speakers close to their sound would cost you a pretty penny say over 30.. smackers!
My system consists of : Pluto turntable 12R,pluto arm special 5A with a Koetsu Urushi cartridge,cd player:cd7reference by Audio ResearchTape:Dragon Nachamishi. Mark Levinson 25 Phono stage.Mark Levinson 26 Preamp.Mark Levinson 23.5 amp. The entire system is cabled by NBS master series. Power conditiner: TICE block III Singature Series.

Purchased At:   London

Submitted by buril2000 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have been looking for these speakers for almost ten years, and when I finally found a pair in mint condition, the desicion was easy! My system is: meridian 501 pre, 504 tuner, 508 ca and 2 meridian 605 monoblocks. After a few seconds, I realized that I am never going to let these speakers go! The bass is DEEP with 100% control, even on very loud passages. The dynamics are excellent, even at low level. The midrange is smooth as silk, and makes female voices sound very lifelike. And the treble sounds like ripples in a clear mountain lake! Although they are quite big and heavy, they look good in my medium-sized livingroom. They are quite a difficult load for the amplifier, so make sure that you have enough power! I'm dreaming of a surround-system with 3 pairs of 107/2, so if anyone's selling, I'm buying!

Purchased At:   private

Submitted by Herabmsls a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2005

Bottom Line:
When I acquired the 107.2's without the matching KUBE bass equalizer, I felt that the bass was weak and I really had to look for that KUBE to maximize their potential as full-bodied speakers. The 107's then were driven by a combination of Audio Research SP9 MK2 preamp and Quicksilver 8417 monoamps and Rotel 1072 cd player. While in search of the KUBE, I tried biamping using the 60wpc tubed monoamps on the mid/high and a Quad 606 amp on the low frequencies. With this set up, I noted an improvement on the bass output that is deep, tuneful and adequately complimenting the mids and the highs. For now, I'm holding on this pair of audio masterpiece that is an all around performer, be it classical, rock or jazz. Biamping is an option that does away with the KUBE and rewards the listener with a well-balanced sound that comes close to the original.

Submitted by PARTS a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2004

Bottom Line:
Suprised to find no reviews for kef r105/4 loudspeakers.
Anyone know of these ?
Head assembly like the kef r107
T33 treble b110 mid two forward facing 8" drivers in the lower cab , protection s stop ect.
I used a pair of these before purchasing kef r107 , still using the 105/4 in my second system , superb little speaker though protection i found intrusive , operating when using high power amps ect .
I also found that the imaging and soundstaging of these speakers improved substantialy when they were rewired with audioquest cable , and fitting a concrete base improved the bottom end .
Seems like another overlooked superb kef product .