JBL S412P
Description: Sensitivity: 92, 8 ohms 12" PolyPlas™, 4" PolyPlas™, 1" Pure Titanium dome Built-in Amplifier: 200W 32Hz -- 20kHz Midbass Driver: 6" PolyPlas™ Crossover Frequency(ies): 200, 850, 3500Hz

Submitted by Luftmensch a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2004

Bottom Line:
I reviewed earlier as well. These speakers have gotten better with time. For the idiots that try to run these speakers with a crap reciever, you are getting what you deserve.

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by Luftmensch a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2003

Bottom Line:
After reading reviews on this set of speakers and lusting after them for a few years, I finally broke down and ordered them online.

I replaced a pair of JBL ND310II's with the 412pII's and there is no comparison to these massive speakers. I have not even had time to start breaking them in and they fill my room (18x25) with clear precise sounds across the spectrum. After reading the preceding reviews I wasn't expecting much from the powered woofers. However, after hooking up the LFE inputs to my subwoofer outputs, I was shocked and amazed at the amount of bass you can blow through the 12" woofers. A tip though, the LFE control knob on the back of the speakers needs to be all the way up. At that point you can use the subwoofer level control on your reciever to adjust the precise amount of low frequency you desire. I also run the JBL PB12 floor firing subwoofer. While the 412 woofers don't get quite as low on the spectrum, they certainly do more than a respectable job. To use the phrase of a previous poster, I did indeed "weep with joy".

At the moment my system is as follows:

Receiver: Sony ES STRDA3000ES
Fronts: JBL S412PII's
Center: JBL Scenter
Rears: JBL S38's
Surrounds: JBL S36's
Subwoofer: JBL PB12

The reciever is new also, 150x7 watts per channel, powers my system unbelievably. Yes some may think I have gotten hung up on JBL, but I have this thing about brand matching :P

Purchased At:   Etronics

Submitted by ILYA Smirnoff a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
Hi guys.. A have just one dream - made the great home theater for less money and get best performance. If you want the same - JUST USE JBL S412P BOUTH ON FRONTS AND REAR (BACK) CHANNELS!!!
Im very cautious about new equipment and I'd been looked for loud-speakers for about 3 years!
I would say that JBL S412P is the best 1000USD-choise!
Very well defined sound. A lot of power. Clarity and incredible mids as well.

Do not listen to those, who say that S412 - is casual sound-speakers!!!

Equipment I have:

Harman/kardon AVR 7000,
Front - JBL S412P
REAR - JBL S412P
Center - (self-made loudspeaker)
Sub - (do not need at present time)

Purchased At:   TEHNOSILA

Submitted by skyboy21 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great overall speakers. Rich, incredible mids & good (not great) highs. These speakers do love to play loud, but definitely aren't lacking at lower volumes.

I will have to say I was a little disappointed with the AMOUNT of bass (given there is 2 12" amplified subs), but powered subs isn't exactly JBL's specialty. For most rooms, the amount of bass is sufficient, but bass junkies or those of us with larger rooms still may want a separate sub.

I mainly listen to music, but these speakers definitely do justice to HT as well.

I took advantage of Best Buy's "30 day no questions asked" refund policy to try them at home before buying online. ;) Definitely give them some time to break in before cranking them (whoops...didn't sound too great, but no harm done).

Submitted by jmkotow a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
After reading the reviews on the 412's for the past 2 yrs, I bought a pr and the Jbl Center speaker.I am extremely happy and satisfied. The wide range of sounds I've never heard on my cd's befor, is like listening to them for the first time..My room is 15 x 30 and the sound fills the room + the rest of my house. These speakers are everything and then some. by the way these are the new JBL 412P II's Love them !!!

Purchased At:   BestPriceAudio