JBL L100
Description: 42 lbs of true sound on steroids

Submitted by keith m a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2013

Bottom Line:
I bought a pair in 1977 new and had for 20 years. I bought another set in 2011 and sold in 2013.
Fun rock and roll speakers. But flawed. There are a lot of better speakers out there for the money. If you have an old Marantz and want to play the Who at high volume, they can't
be beat. It's what they were built for. But after round two for me, not a keeper.
Other models in the JBL line are much better speakers, but of course harder to find
and $$$. Much like those classic receivers. At the current prices, (higher every day)
you can buy modern gear used that will be truly high end.

Submitted by samo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2012

Bottom Line:
An absolute classic, excellent across the full sonic range! feed it good power, good cabling and of course good source music. Great fun speaker especially at it's price point! Not too many that can punch as hard as this classic oldie! Rock, Jazz, Classical it's all good.

Submitted by jaynole a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 10, 2011

Bottom Line:
I'm 37 years old and grew up around my dad's L100's. In 1977 we lost our house to a fire. My dad's best friend from high school moved to Atlanta. His next door neighbor happened to be Steve Walsh from KANSAS. My dad and Steve never became friends but Steve did visit our house a few times in the late 70's with my dad's friend Vick. I was about 7 at the time and thought he was a girl because of the long hair. Steve recommended these at a party one evening at our house. Dad picked them up from Warehouse Sound in California the next week. For over 30 years I listened to countless artist in our living room. The Eagles, Foghat, Boston, Kansas, LRB, ELO, Bad Company, etc, etc...... Always amazed at the sound. Unfortunately I inherited them last week. My father passed away unexpectedly at 65 years of age. When my mom told me to take them home with me I immediately got rid of the crap I had been settling for, for the last 10 years. Hooked them up at home and cried the other night till 2 in the morning. I'm not sure if it was missing my dad or the beautiful sound that these speakers reproduce. Now that I have them I will cherish them. If you get a chance to acquire a set. Don't hesitate. There is no better speaker in my honest opinion for Classic Rock. Oh yea, you can listen to other music on them too. Don't think just buy.

Submitted by bsrichar a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2011

Bottom Line:
I have a pair of JBL L100 speakers. I am the original owner. I have stored them for over 26 yrs. I lost the grills in a move. These speakers and cabinet are very close to new condition. These are the one of the best speakers of all time. I was just wondering what are they worth in this condition. Does anybody have any idea want there worth.

Submitted by humber-river a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2010

Bottom Line:
much-a-do about nothin.
boomy bass, shreiking mids n highs. very fatiguging after a few hours listening.
trying to flip em now for 800.00
hey, theres a fool born every minute!! lol