JBL HP8B

Submitted by Leovy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2015

Bottom Line:
One of my Marantz speakers lost its bass and sent it out for repair, ended me empty from playing my fav CDs. I spotted this JBL HP8B asking for $150 on craigslist. I paid $120 in addition of an old Mintek dvd/ cd that plays also mp3. I was on a hunt of mp3 home player so catching two birds at one time saved me ample of time. I hooked them up with my Yamaha Rcvr, DBX 3BX, Carver-C9, BBE 462, Ashly GQX 3012, and a Klipsch Sub ... there was it! The crispy and clarity of the JBL HP8B comes alive. The bass of the sub makes the sound much better than the bigger floor stand speakers on the market these days. This small JBL speaker and the price I paid for it, I am more than happy for it. So if you're looking for not so big and less expensive speakers and you find the HP8B, gor for it and buy it!

Submitted by Nanda Kumar a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 24, 1997

Bottom Line:
I listened to fair amount of speakers before purchasing the JBL HP8B's. Per my taste, I was impressed with their high end clarity and brightness, although my young nephew likes deeper bass. I plan to add a subwoofer in the future. I listed to Bose, Boston, Cerwin Vega and some other high end brands with costly prices, but again, I liked the crisp sound of the JBL's for the $250 each I paid at Best Buy.