JBL 900

Submitted by Chris a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
I tested these speakers on 3 amps with the same Kimber 4tc speaker wire, first am was a sony es945, 100 watts, with all settings at netural, the speakers were very inpressive with imageing the artests very well, the second amp was a NAD c350 with a Modest 60 watts to each channel, The amp Brought this pair of speakers to life, not like the sony, it opened up the mid range and the highs were very clear. The third amp was a Integra 6.2 with 110 watts per channel, This was a different sound then both sony and NAD, The highs were a bit harsh to the point were i had to turn the treble down on Diana Krall to save my ears. all in alll the best bang for buck.

Purchased At:   Retail store

Submitted by Shawn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2000

Bottom Line:
I picked up the JBL 900's at Onsale about three months ago. I was going to use them for my rear channel but when they arrived they were smaller than I had hoped and with the non removeable grills it just seemed like a cheap speaker. I ran them with a 125 watt reciever and they sound good. The high frequencies are great and clear. The mids are pretty good too. The bass left a little to be desired. I ended up using them for my computer across a 100 watt per channel amp. They are perfect for this but I would not use them for a main system.