Jamo Prestege 190
Description: 3 way floor standing

Submitted by Muhammad Naveed a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2000

Bottom Line:
I was a fan of JBL'S and when i actaully went to the shop for buying floorstanding JBL speakers. I found HLS-820 AND TLX-181 VERY nice and finally selected L- series (L-7). The sales man then offered to compare my selected JBL with the prestige-190 Jamo speakers. There was marginal difference but in Jamo the sound was not that shrill as in JBL at higher volumes. In other words, The Jamo-190 surpassed the JBL speakers. I'm not saying that JBL are bad but to my experience when i practically compared the both at the shop, Jamo-190 turned out to be above JBL.

They were equally good when i used them with my center(Jamo-100) and rear speakers for movies. They are just excellent and i'm thankfull to that salesman who introduced them to me.

I have Yamaha-595a, Jamo prestige-190, Jamo-100 center, and locally manufactured rear speakers. My windows vibrate and neighbours are annoyed due to that heavy bass from the jAMO's.

Two thumbs up for Jamo-190.

Submitted by p ochsner a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 2, 1998

Bottom Line:
The Jamo Prestege 190 is a good general purpose front set of speakers in my oppinion.Bass is extended,thanks to two 8" woofers,and front firing bass port.While mentioning this port,I found the fact that the plastic fluted port is nor glued in place,rather it sits snuggly,and can be removed easily,to be a good feature,as I have a two year old girl who loves to post items inside,and removing the port allows me to extract the blocks,car keys etc.
Sacrelige for the poor old speakers to be treated as such you say?
I aggree,but toddlers will be toddlers.
Back to the speaker,mids are about right in volume,highs not too shrill,and no metal edge,typical of titanium tweeters.Power handling is very good,with a stated 140w continuous and 200w peak.
Nothing bad to say,except perhaps that build quality is just average,with o.k. veneer sides,and not-so-thick internal wiring cable(I looked in the bass port while checking for objects,but hey,no pressed in drivers......yet!
OK,so audition some,I reckon they are value for money.