Home Theater Direct Level THREE
Description: 2 way stand mount speakers

Submitted by the_connoisseur a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2004

Bottom Line:
I recieved my Level 3 speakers (2 pair of the bookshelfs and 1 center channel). The first things I noticed were:
1. Nice size, possible too large to be classified as a bookshelf
2. The finish was (white) was exceptional
3. And HTD took the time to double box the entire order.

As for the sound, I demo'd the speakers on a variety of music. I am a jazz lover and am much more interested in smooth, even sound then boom-boom. Ray Brown, Norah Jones (SACD version) and Vanessa Rubin were the recordings sampled.

Exceptional. From the fast paced bassing of Ray Brown on Super Bass 2 to the smooth vocals of Rubin.

A subwoofer is needed only for the deepest octaves of bass or for action movie booms.

Using Bad Boys II, Gladiator and Monster's Inc. I tested the sound of the Level 3 system with movies. Dialogue was well placed and centered to the TV. The action panned from side to side and front to back with no loss of quality or tonal change.

This speakers are worth

Purchased At:   www.HTDAudio.com

Submitted by lkj858 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
I read a lot of good reviews about this product and decided to try it out. This was my first internet purchase and the company was easy to deal with. All my email questions were answered in a couple of days and they gave me good advice. There was a problem with UPS but they helped sort it out.
My first impression was its a pretty good speaker but I was expecting more from the reviews I have read. Now that the speakers are broken in they are simply amazing. Great highs and incredible bass. I was watching The Sum Of All Fears, and had to turn off the sub (Sony SAWM40) during the nuclear explosion as it was disturbing my new born baby. After shutting the sub off I did not notice much bass loss.
This is a very good speaker.

Submitted by Robert Tashjian a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
I actually listend to someone who knew what they were talking about before I just ran out and bought something. This speaker is incredible. I have been told that the Swan Diva is better, but it costs around $500. I believe I can live with this inexpensive beauty. I have been told that the most important speaker in the entire system is the center channel when it comes to home theater use. I can now see why. When I listened to movies using all of these other products I thought I should only hear voices and nothing else. Now I realize that I was totally wrong. I watched the fast and the furios on DVD to hear the difference in my new speaker. Before, I had a hard time understanding what was said at times in the movie because there is so much background noise that it drowned the dialogue. With this speaker I was able to hear not only what was being said, but little things in detail such as pages flipping in a magazine when the lead character is talking to a girl across the counter at a roadside bar. If you are looking for a QUALITY speaker that won't let you down this is it!! This company will give you your money back if you are not 100% satisfied and the 5 year warranty is great. I was very reluctant to get something over the internet without hearing it first, but not any more!!!!!!

Go Get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purchased At:   hometheaterdirect.com

Submitted by jm dillon a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
For $200, this is great pair of speakers for Home Theater. You will not need a subwoofer to rumble the floor when watching movies with these. For music though these are just marginal. Most music plays great, but some brass pieces, and some womens voices are not reproduced as truly as everything else.

Purchased At:   Hometheaterdirect.com

Submitted by Andrew a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2001

Bottom Line:
Being a total sceptic and 'internet-purchasing-newbie' I was very nervous about purchasing anything on the 'net but after reading the review in Fortune 500 magazine, where they said they would compare these products to anything double the price, and numerous calls to the HTD customer service line I decided to order the Level 3 in-wall/ceiling speakers, center channel and sub-woofer since I had my new house prewired for surround sound. I am a total novice with audio but I soon had the speakers installed. Unfortunately my 9 year old Technics has no dedicated sub-woofer circuit but I have taken the signal off the left front speaker output which is OK for now but I miss a lot of the audio like this! I was stunned when I turned it on. The clarity of the sound is amazing even without fiddling with the settings. It sounded about as good to me as the $248/ea Klipsch speakers I had seen at Soundtrack. Tha subwoofer is amazing and easily has my house shaking. The dark red color is a nice change too. I can't wait until I buy a decent Receiver and DVD player! The service I recieved from HTD was a welcome relief from a lot of places and I would absolutely recommend them to anyone. Go for it--you will not be dissapointed!!

Purchased At:   HTD on-line