Hales Design Group Revelation 3

Submitted by ray L. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2011

Bottom Line:
Boufgr my long sought aftter hales rev III, in july 2011. Im so pleased with them. My listening sessions last foreve with my modded er, my wife sits with me and loves Arron Neville and Rick Braun just to list a couple. If you really want to hear something listen to David Lanz Christophories Dream highly recommended u will be moved. My speaker quest is officialy over. I sold the classe and now use a Belles 150 refrence v2 along with a modified melos 110b line stage. I have finnally found musical nirvana. Try the rest then listen to the hales rev. III

Submitted by Paul Randall a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2005

Bottom Line:
I bought these about 5 years ago. I was looking for an affordable full range speaker to replace my B&W Matrix 2's, which I loved but did not have the low end I really wanted. The B&W models I liked were just too expensive. Then I heard these. Revelation is a great name for them, as performance like they offer is unusual at this price.

They have a very natural, full, satisfying presentation that puts you at ease right away. The first thing that grabbed me was the sound of voice. So real and natural. I tend to like speakers that err towards the warm side of the spectrum rather than being bright and extremely detailed. These are very slightly tilted to the warm side, and are not as detailed as some other systems I have heard, for example the big Magnepans or some of the NHT's. However, these will not wear you out like some other systems either.

During my time with the Revelations I have heard a number of other speakers that have impressed me. Then I come home and fire up the Hales and I'm no longer so impressed with the other speaker. I don't have fancy electronics either, just mid range Denon stuff. These speakers were a bargain at full price. Now I see them used occaisonally for $1000. Too good to pass up at that price.

Purchased At:   Audio Heaven

Submitted by Mike Allen a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
These speakers are complete. The soundstage is decided by my components and tweaks. When I auditioned them, I could NOT hear the crossover points. This was a new experience for me. Even though I have owned them since 1999, they continue to surprise me... and I still can't hear the crossover points!

You can find these speakers for around $750 now. Replacement drivers are available. I replaced one of my woofers after an abusive listenning to Stravinsky's Right of Spring. I am proud to own these new classics.

Purchased At:   Michael Baskin, CA

Submitted by Dennis a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
This speaker is the EIGHTH wonder of the world. No wonde Hales went out of business. How can any company sell a speaker that rivals products selling for $6,000 to $10,000 for $2,195! If you got the power(mimimum 150w per channel)...You can't find a better value anywhere....these speakers do it all....crystilline highs....lifelike mids ..aand room shakin' bass.

Purchased At:   Jeffs sound values