Genexxa 100
Description: 5 1/4" Woofer, Ribbon Tweeter, 2-Way Compact

Submitted by Marc Mielhausen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
After replacing the tweeters several times over the first couple of years, I went to non-Genexxa replacement tweeters and continue to enjoy these speakers.

Purchased At:   Radio Shack

Submitted by Marc Mielhausen a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 23, 1998

Bottom Line:
When I began looking for a good rear or surround channel speaker my head was full of Bose, JBL, Polk, Paradigm and other expensive manufacturers that have good reputations for crisp and clear "bookshelf" speakers. Boy, was I ever disappointed. Several of these speakers were little speakers trying to be big and as a consequence sounded artificially boomy and overall like shit. I was unimpressed. I happened to recall Radio Shack selling bookshelf speakers that sounded very nice (Minimus, I think) several years ago. I listened to the 100s that I ended up buying and was impressed. These speakers have very tight bass response (not deep), the cabinet is solid and with the crossover and ribbon tweeter they are super crisp. I was not looking for a big speaker (I already have those) and I found a smaller speaker that I really enjoy. I recommend these to anyone who does not want to spend copious amounts of money and still be unsatisfied.