ESS Daytona

Submitted by George Racz a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 6, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have had these speakers since 1978. I thought about getting some new speakers but after going out and finding the only things that sounded close to the quality would cost over $800. I decided to rebuild mine. I just got the foam replaced on the woofer's and new passive radiators put in. They produce great sound, I think the midrange is excellent. I listen to soft rock, and I have head so many speakers miss in the midrange area. The Eagles "Hell Freezes over" DVD in DTS sounds awsome. I can hear thier fingers comming off the strings of the gitar. My system consists of a Pioneer VSX-608 reciever, 2 Daytona's, 1 AR 205VC center channel, 2 Bose 101 for the rear and a JBL ARC SUB. I bought the Bose when I did'nt know any better. If any one has any suggestions for some inexpense replacements, feel free to write me. The JBL sub was added for a little deeper bass response. I am not into a lot of booming bass and this little guy just gives me enough. I give it 5 stars for lasting over 20 years and still sounding like anything new on the market.

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener