Energy Speaker Systems Veritas v2.8

Submitted by charisma a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2008

Bottom Line:
Reviewing the energy again,must say it,s a fabulous speaker,best I ever had.
Positioned in a small audioroom,breathtaking performance.
Delivers lots of air and spacious soundstage,tight deep bass(depending of poweramp)though very musical and tunefull.
Sounds even fantastic with a audiophil rotel integrated in the small room,so not the worst to drive,but needs certain grip on the woofer(the rotel has!)
Always stay in focus and controled,even on high volume.
A keeper for sure.

Purchased At:   second hand

Submitted by charisma a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2008

Bottom Line:
Own the speakers for 3 weeks now.
To start with,they sound fantastic,absolutely.
Must surch for best set-up still,but already they sound amazing.
Drive it with a tube poweramp,and surprisingly enough,it works great.
Even the lower register sound deep clear and controled.
Tri-wire was a must here,makes a big diverence.
The often heard complain about the fatter midrange is minimal here,but sometimes noticable.
Depth,stage,magic,imaging,all are first rate,very revealing speaker.
Indeed ,I agree with other reviewers,I dont listen very technical as I used to do before ,trough the speaker,it,s just very natural and non fatiguing.
These will stay for a long time for sure...

Purchased At:   second hand

Submitted by tpaxadpom a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
Incredible speakers! I have heard many speakers in this price range, but none outperform these. Extremely natural sound on any listening level. With this speakers you can listen to the music without thinking of quality and other aspects.
Nevertheless their impedance look very attractive on the graph (due to the special impedance network), not every amp would be a good match for them. The same holds true with speaker cables.

Submitted by ACHANG a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
I never agree with privious review by Gene Davis from Seatle. I don't think he had enough time to break in. As one of reviwer said in this review section, it may take forever to break in, however overall sound will be getting better and better. I strongly suggest that if you didn't have really enough break in time, you better read mannual carefully and try to give enough breake in time and wirte a review later.

Purchased At:   SOUNDSTAGE

Submitted by Ian Richardson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
My search was for the most musical speaker I could find under $10k. My musical tastes include classical, jazz, blues, vocals, and oldies. I went to as many HIFI dealers that I could find in my area over a weekend and spent three days listening to whatever they had on hand in their sound rooms. Not a completely unbiased method and probably not the best means of comparison, but by the time I got to the Veritas 2.8, the sound stood out above all others to such a spectacular degree that the probable margin of error was completely superseded by the implicit harmonic accord presented before me. So I put a down payment on the speakers so that they'd hold them for me and continued the search another day, but to no avail. The Veritas owned on all others, particularly in the transparency and imaging which were eerily near lifelike. In fact I'll never get tired of listening to these speakers because when I do, I turn out the lights in the room and it's as if a live band/orchestra is performing before me. This pleasant illusion is incredible! And what's better is that the louder you play these speakers, the more beautiful they sound. At concert level volume the Veritas just bloom with the most awesome sound. A true work of art--and they look great too.

By the way I was recommended a Classe CA-200 amp to drive the 2.8s, which I must say mate seemlessly with them.

Purchased At:   The Good Guys