Energy Speaker Systems Take FPS
Description: <ul> <li>Frequency Response: 60 - 23 kHz +/-3dB</li> <li>Bass Response: 55Hz</li> <li>Sensitivity: Anechoic 90</li> <li>Crossover Point: 2.2KHz</li> <li>Components: Chambered 1" Aluminum Dome</li> </ul>

Submitted by Chad a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2013

Bottom Line:
My value rating is based of retail not what I paid.

I bought these for music. My wife wanted didn't like the speakers taking up space in the room, hanging the speakers on the wall is a compromise.

These sound very tight. I don't feel like the sound has any colorization. Over all I enjoy them with a sub. The sound is different from other speakers I own. It doesn't feel as warm as the rbh polk and emotiva speakers I own. I do think they might sound a little more detailed than the soft dome tweeters of those other speakers I have.
They are not as fatiguing to my ear as the metal dome tweeters I have had experience with. (I own JBL in-ceiling and patio speakers; and I have owned JBL Northridge Series bookshelf and towers.) They seem less forward than the Klipsch speakers I have heard (In-store demoed only) I feel they sound very similar to the on wall speakers from Definitive Technology. (Of course I have only done in store demos on those as well.)

Over all I like these. I do have to cross them over at about 110. That is a lot higher than I expected given their specs.
I think these would be Killer for Home theater use in smaller HT rooms. For music they are great but my previous RBH TK-5c bookshelf speakers sounded much fuller in the mid range.

If I was to buy on wall speakers I would buy these again. There might be a better choice but I have not herd it.

Product model year:   2007