Energy Speaker Systems Encore 2

Submitted by LoonyGearFreak a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
I just recently finished my shopping expedition for the best complete set of 5.1 speakers under $1500. I must say that the Encores did not hold up to all the hype that they've gotten on this site. The sub was decently loud, but muddy, and it didn't blend well with the sats. The highs on the sats were flat and the mids lacked depth. There is a definite gap as sounds pass from the fronts to the rears. I guess if you absolultly have to have something small, these would be ok. They are alot better than the Take 5.2's, but that’s not saying much. I wouldn't use them but in the smallest room. If you want a real treat, and can fit a little bit larger speaker, go lend your ears to some Paradigms. The system I ended up selecting includes Paradigm Titan's in the front, ADP-170's in the rear, a CC-170 in the center and a PDR-10 for the lows. This whole system cost $1250, $250 less than the Encores, and it puts the Encores to shame. The second I flipped over to these in the store, I was sold. The highs are clean, the mids solid, the lows tight and the surrounds naturally blend with the fronts. I would highly recommend you go try this system. It even bests the Energy Connoissuer's in my opinion. The most important thing however is that you go and personnally listen to atleast 3 or 4 different sets of speakers in your price range before buying. Choose what sounds best to you.

Submitted by mike bryant a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
this speaker system is amazing.I haven't had it long but the sound that these tiny speakers put out is amazing.The Sub is just as good.

Purchased At:   www.acousticsounddes

Submitted by Mark Oliver Tuleweit a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is the best purchase I have ever made in the Audio/Video world. I have had these speakers for over a year now and they keep sounding better and better.

These speakers are so beautiful and the huge amount of sound they pump out is incredible. The subwoofer sounds like one twice its size.

Be sure to get the matching stands for the speakers and remove the felt screen to see all the beauty!

Submitted by John Besse a

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2001

Bottom Line:
I needed a good pair of speakers to match my Energy Connoissuer 6s and AC-300 center channel. So where else was I going to look? Other than Energy... Yeah right!

I picked up a pair of the Energy Encore 2s through the Audio Shop in Canada. www.audioshop.on.ca ask for Marc! I bought these speakers because my brother and a buddy of mine are running the Energy Encore system. I'm overly impressed with the speakers especially on movies, but in must they lack a little bit of that full sound I'm looking for. So, I was thinking those little devils would make great surrounds. And yes! They do!

I bought a pair and threw them up for my 5.1 surround. Now I need to order another pair to complete my DTS ES setup!

I've pretty much summed up everything you need to know about these speakers already, but sound... So, how do they sound? Not too shabby I must admit. They can handle some power, and they make a perfect addition to the home theater. Not only that, they are quite the lookers too! But sound is more important, and the Encore line has that covers. They have great imaging, and can scream right into your face. They of course live up to the Energy name, and have the clarity that Energy has given us!

In my opinion, I would never use these speakers as fronts. Reason being, I listen to a lot of music and my perception of tone is really defined. I would always perfer a full tower speaker over bookshelf speakers any day of the week. Minus the exception of the new Veritas line of the 2.1 and 2.2 speakers. But hey, These speakers (Encore) do feature the tweeters in the Veritas line, so you cant beat that!

I am very satisfied for throwing these as rear surrounds. I feel that they are a great value and just sound so perfect in my set up. I couldn't be any happier and it almost brings a tear to my eye!

If you haven't heard them yet, run out to your local Home Theater shop and give 'em a test drive. You will not be dissapointed. And I'm sure there are hundred, and thousands who will disagree with me on the fact that I don't think they are musically inclined, but thats why they make speakers for everyone's preference. But nonetheless, you can honestly not go wrong with these speakers...

Submitted by david laughlin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 16, 2000

Bottom Line:
now this is the real deal. i am only left with WOW! never before have i been both overwhelmed and impressed with a speaker package, until now. when the saleman (jake) gave me a demo i couldn't believe my ears. i didn't and couldn't believe the sound emitting from such small speakers....and when he told me i was listening to an 8" sub i had to get him prove it (it sounds like a 12" - 15"...no lie!). forget about the rest folks this is it.

Purchased At:   baycity sound and vision