Duntech Sovereign

Submitted by tillie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
Duntech Soverigns, you havent heard a high end speaker until you listen ,they can not be compared, nor can you deny the impressive sound quality.
Music and movies are brought to life (literaly) and you will soon find yourself listening to classical and instrumental ie: Cusco and Dead can dance, just so you can listen to the impressive sound quality, You will become with out a doubt mesmerized and infatuated by the Soverigns, they are a Beast and undifiably the Beauty.

Purchased At:   privatly

Submitted by Michael a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have been an avid audiophile since the days of single channel. I have traveled many thousands of miles around the world to audition equipment. I have attended CES many times in the last 15 years. Well enough about me.

With total disregard for specifications, just listen to the music. After many years of specking & teching, I have found this to be the most satisfying method of qualifying & most of all, enjoying the whole experience.

Things that are a must, a large listening room min 12 X 16 X 8. My listening is 15’2” X 23’2” X 95”. These room sizes allow enough cubic feet of air to provide an acceptable listening environment. Good quality electronics. I use Jeff Rowland, my choice through the years.

Associated Equipment:

Jeff Rowland Model 7 Power Amps
Jeff Rowland Consumate Preamp

Theta Data Transport II
Theta D/A

Genesis 900 Sub Woofer (crossover at 35 cycles)

Cables:
Speaker Cable Goertz AG 2
Interconnects XLR Magnan Signature

Hatichi HDTV 60"
Mitsubishi DVD

I have found the Duntech Sovereign’s to be one of the most satisfying audio experiences I have ever had. I use these in my home theater system & two channel stereo system as well. Listening is life like; movies have full-scale sound, all with room shaking bottom end & a sound stage that seems limitless! Sound is very 3 dimensional & large, yet a single instrument such as a triangle is still delicate & well focused. I like listening to live recordings as opposed to studio tracks. I think this type of music shows how life-like the Duntechs really are. You hear everything, all the performers little nuances as well as all the minute background sounds that make it real.

If you have the room, & a few strong friends, these can be a life long purchase. I have checked with Duntech. You can replace all the drivers in these beauties for about $4,600 to your door. If you can find a used pair at a deal, you can own one of finest speakers ever produced, with the latest updates in driver technology & a full warranty for less than half the cost of new ones.