DCM KX-10 Series 2
Description: 10" Woofer, 6" Mid and 0.75" Tweeter

Submitted by Vanessa Collins a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2013

Bottom Line:
18 years ago I walked into Circuit City to treat myself to the best sounding speakers without concern for cost and after four hours of sampling every speaker they had to offer, I put down 500.00 dollars on a pair of DCM's , a brand that was unknown to me and I've never regretted that purchase. These speakers have been through the wars with me. Through three husbands,four kids, cross-country moves, houses,apartments,storage,and even mom's basement. Finally, last year I gave them a make-over with some paint and recovered the screens with some beautiful fabric to match my bedroom and they sound as great today as the day I bought them. In fact, it wasn't a little more than a month ago that they brought the cops to my door once again as they have done through out years. They are a part of my family and I treasure them more than any piece of furniture or art work that I own. So in summation, I would recommend to anyone contemplating a purchase, look no further, DCM's are the ones you want from one who knows.

Submitted by freakygeek a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 21, 2010

Bottom Line:
I got these speakers the other day used for $20 at a garage sale, and they are worth FAR more than that! They sound great, even hooked up to my cheap Sony all-in-one receiver. The only thing to complain about is that the tweeters are very bright, but they can be toned down with equalization. Bass is heavy, mids are clear, and the highs are great when toned down a little. Using lamp wire at the moment, but will hook them up with 12 gauge wire soon. They are great speakers overall, with great sound for rock, heavy metal, blues, even some jazz. Not as good as speakers costing 5 times as much or more, but as budget speakers they rock!

Submitted by Charee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2010

Bottom Line:
I've had my DCM KX 10's for at least 10 years... They are the best speakers I've owned. I've had Yamaha, Denon, etc.... I always go back to my DCM's I purchased from Circuit City back in the day. Still pumping the good tunes clearly!

Submitted by billy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2009

Bottom Line:
i must say i found these speakers in the garbage i looked at them and said something must be wrong with them because the box and grille and speakers were in great shape so i figured why not ill try them so i took them home and pluged them to my kenwood reciever and prepared myself for the worst but when i turned them on it was amazing i could not believe the sound i actually left them hooked up and put my infinitys that cost me 600 $ in my bedroom i could not belive someone would trow them away well anyway i would totally recomend them to anyone if you can find them i would say buy them i would i would pay 300 for them easy

Submitted by QUALITYTRONICS1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2007

Bottom Line:
I purchased these speakers on e-bay only because:
1. I accidentally ran across them.
2. The auction was only at $19 when I ran into it.
3. They were located 10 min. from my home!
Well I got to tell you, when I first saw them in person they seemed a bit smaller than when I saw the pictures on the listing. So anyhow I took them home cleaned them up and hooked them up to my Yamaha RX-V750. Absolutely amazing! I could not believe the sound that came out of these speakers. I have driven them to extremes and they never fail to perform. Super clear clean sound, the bass is excellent, not to boomy or tight, the mids are clear and the highs are crisp not flat. After cleaning them up, they look new, the cabinets are clean with no scratches or dents, the grills are super clean with no snaggs or tears. All in all I got a super deal! I highly recommend these speakers, I would pay $200 if I were to not have them and run into them!

Purchased At:   E-Bay