Coincident Speaker Technology Triumph
Description: Two-way, stand mounted speaker

Submitted by Doug a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
I own the Mini Triumph MK II. Have lived with these speakers for only a short while as they compose part of my travel system while I contract nationally.

I'm only running an NAD L-40 with them and still they are very impressive. Do not miss my Big Dog system of VTL, Reference 3As as this system is quite musical, especially in smaller living spaces I encounter on the road.

Would pick these over any previous monitor I've owned as they've got the voicing right.

Purchased At:   jeff's sound values

Submitted by Phillip a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a follow-up review since I've had these speakers now for a few months. My set-up has changed a bit as well. I am now running a Golden Tube Audio SE-40 SE tube amp with a Creek OBH-12 passive pre as well as a second system consisting of an ODL HT-2 (Odyssey Stratos copy)solid state amp with a Classe' CP-35 preamp. I use the Triumph Signatures in both set-ups, listening to the tubes or to solid state depending on what I'm listening to.

The Triumph Signatures, now that they are completely broken in, are incredible. Everyone who hears them remarks on the fact that they don't seem to be making any sound. The music is all there, pinpoint imaging, spacious soundstage, layers of complexity all defined and detailed, but the music seems to come from nowhere. The speakers are like silent statues. I have them set-up so they throw quite a large sweet-spot (on-axis crosses about 1 foot in front of the solitary sweet spot). Perfect for 2 listeners. When there are three listeners I generally sit behind the couch (at my desk) and I am still in the sweet spot.

I cannot praise these speakers enough. They are gorgeous to look at and they ceate a clear window to the recorded event. I am constantly changing and upgrading my system - I never even think about looking at new speakers though. That says it all!

Submitted by Phillip a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
I've been working on upgrading my system for about 2 years now, and these speakers are the pinnacle of my efforts. They are gorgeous to look at, build quality is without peer, sound is incredible - detailed and dynamic. Every nuance of the music is found - these speakers deliver emotion. I do not think that I will have to upgrade these speakers - ever.
I cannot say enough for these speakers. Do a Google search for reviews - the pros are so much more eloquent than I.

I got VERY lucky and bought the demo pair from CES 2001 straight from the factory. Israel Blume was a pleasure to deal with.

Associated equipment:
Studio Tech SP-24 stands
NAD C540 with MSB Link DAC (modified)
Antique Sound Labs Tube Pre-amp
Creek OBH-12 passive pre-amp
B&K ST-140 amp
NHT Sub One Subwoofer (for movies)
DH Labs Silver Sonic T-14 speaker cables
Kimber Kable PBJ Interconnects

Purchased At:   CES Demo from the maker

Submitted by Grant a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2000

Bottom Line:
I sold my 805's and replaced them with the Triumph.I found i could not pick one over the other.Both are great speakers.I used the money i saved to upgrade my Cd Player.
The sound is detailed rich excellent bass extension for this size speaker.Imaging is glorious.Find a used pair 700/800 they are a steal.

Submitted by Peter a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2000

Bottom Line:
Follow up review.I have used these in a HT set up with a Marantz SR-880 reciever.They have been a great speaker and i have been very happy.I had the chance to move them into My main 2 channel set up Rogue 120 Mono's 66 Preamp.I could not belive how good this speaker sounded in this set up.If you dont have a big room or if a bookshelf speaker is what you need dont overlook this speaker..The soundstage and imaging are = to what you will find in 3k + speakers.I highly recomened this product.Get a hold of Israel Blume at www.coincidentspeaker.com.He will set you up with the right pair for your room.