Cerwin Vega VS 100
Description: Bass reflex - 10" woofer and 1" Tweeter

Submitted by D. S. a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2007

Bottom Line:
To start this off, I would like to write a quick prelude to help you understand the situation I'm dealing with. One, I don't know when these speakers came out (audioreview makes me give a year) and two, when I say audiophile, I know little about the crossovers and so on and so forth. What I do know is my ear. My dad was a professional clarinetist and I grew up listening to classical music, and still do hold that tradition. Hearing every nuance of the orchestra, or the slightest register shift of most beautiful sopranos is of greatest importance when it comes to sound reporduction.
ok, so here it goes.
My setup consits of the following:
a Sony str d590 reciever
pair of Henry Kloss Model 6's
and ofcourse a pair of CV VS 100's.

Originally I had both pairs of speakers setup typically, one in the 'A' slot and the other in 'B'. With both A and B on, a problem arose, the power flowing to both pairs was equal, and the power necessary to drive those great cv 10" subs was sufficient enough; infact the model 6's were pumping out a better bass (there are reviews done to show that the model 6's sound good below their marketed 50hz. Humph.... Tried switching the order, making a b and b a. No difference... Ok, well then I tried them solo. Each speaker produced very well... Ofcourse the Model 6's were of a much more profound sound quality, the CV's had a much fuller sound. Unfortuatly the mid's/hi's weren't of great quality. They made voices and instruments alike sound... well fake.. bad reproduction. But I knew if I found a way to mix them that it would work out.

I moved my model 6's to the surround sound inputs... problem pretty much solved..
the combination of the two works out very nice!

Alone, they're not good for reporducing fine quality sound, but if you're looking for fullness, these are just fine, especially for what I picked them up for ($40).

Purchased At:   Craigslist

Submitted by 60120053 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2003

Bottom Line:
I must say this, VS100 is too damn good. I found someone threw away this pair of speaker. A small repair job was needed on one of the bass speaker damper. I tight it together with Pioneer A400 amplifier, another relic. The bass is good and High frequencies are outstanding. Try on the Norah Jones CD,could pratically hear her screaming "Live" in my hall. After 1 and 1/2 months of torturing on my Pioneer A400 amplifier, the amplifier finally got fried. Friends out there take note that the speaker is 4 ohms friendly although it said to be able to take on 8 ohms.

As Compare to B&W speaker PCS8 and FCM8, VS 100 is no where near the Bass performs of the B&W but In the high Frequencies, VS 100 really kick ASS. Therefore, Norah Jones somehow sounds better in VS100 rather than B&W.

Purchased At:   Someone threw it awa

Submitted by electronica a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
I purchased two pairs of these fine (4 total)loudspeakers with the intention of doubling my listening pleasure, you see I have used cv's for over 25 years now and I AM somewhat of a fan, having said this I also apreciate a detailed, defined flat response in a loudspeaker (the audiophile in me) so I had a cabinet custom made that would house the tens in the front (two per cabinet)and a down firing 15" D9 cv woofer (in sepperate chambers) for the Mid/upper frequencies, I housed 2 Focal M/F, 2 Peerless H/F, The sound is incredible!! Deep Deep WHUMP down to 15Hz flat!! detail in the mid and high section without decay and beyond imagination! Awsom! cv VS100 in the front chamber contribute to what is an incredible sound stage! the CV vs100 drivers!!!

Purchased At:   Private

Submitted by electronica a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2003

Purchased At:   Private

Submitted by Joo Mamma a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
Before I bought the vs-100; I had an older pair of vegas which lasted me about 9 years. I have been using vegas for the past 14 years or so. and i have never had a prob with any of there products.

VS-100 kick ass, good bass, clear mids and highs. If you have the room to put these badys you wont regreat it.
mine still look new even after 5 years now.

These speakers are worth every cent.