Cerwin Vega CV3000
Description: (See reviews)

Submitted by Michael Driscoll a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2014

Bottom Line:
I worked for TECH-HIFI in the 80's as an audio consultant and when I was comparing speakers in our sound-room, if I wanted to sell a speaker other than the 3000, I would have to "DE-TENT" the CV though the master switchboard. Otherwise nothing would sound as good or as bright. Other speakers were more TRUE sounding but the CV's were just ROCKIN-LOUDEST. It wasn't fair to the other speakers....... The also had a fantastic profit margin !
Wish I had bought a pair when I could have for dealer's cost.....
Only thing comparable were Klipsh Herasy's or Cornwall's at way more money.....

Submitted by Jeff Presto a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 21, 1998

Bottom Line:
I don't personally own these speakers, but my cousin does. I go to his house frequently, so I know what they sound like. These ARE top knotch speakers. I never buy pre-built speakers, I build my own. Yes that's right, I build my own. I have a great set with Radio Shack Bullet Horn Tweeters and Pioneer 12" Sub's at 400 watts each. So I'm perfectly happy with what I have right now, but if I did buy pre-built, i'd look for a pair of these.

Submitted by Ed A. a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 19, 1998

Bottom Line:
I thought I was the only one that bought these speakers! In response to Steve Savona, I like them too. They really crank and sound good with any type of music. I keep the treble control on the back all the way down (to 1) to reduce their brightness. I'd been interested in seeing what an "audiophile" thinks of these too. I've certainly heard some expensive speakers that didn't sound nearly as well. I think I paid about $300-$400 for the pair, 15 years ago. If anyone finds a used pair for sale - pick them up, I doubt I'd ever sell mine.

Submitted by Steve Savona a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 11, 1997

Bottom Line:
I have a pair of speakers that are probably 14-16 years old. Cerwin Vega CV3000, High Energy Design. I know these speakers are old but I'd like an opinion of where they are today on the speaker food chain. By todays standards, dollar for dollar, are the decent speakers or peaces of crap. (They still sound good to me so be gentle)

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener